Twelve

M:

After Remington had dropped me home last week, I walked into my house with a silent prayer that I wouldn't bump into my father but I guess they weren't answered cause he was there-sitting on the one seat sofa, already staring at me.

"And what took you so long to get home?" He asked with his right brow up.

"Us cheerleaders had to stay behind." I was about to run up the stairs when he yet again, asked another question.

"Okay. So why didn't you take your car with you today?"

"Heather offered to give me a ride so we could catch up." I shrugged nonchalantly. Where was he going with this?

"I see. So, who dropped you off now?" he stared at me, waiting for a response.

"It was-"

"Before you lie I know what kind of car every friend of yours drives."

So that was the main reason for the questions.

"I had someone from the basketball team drop me off dad." I said the half-truth as usual.

"I pretty sure I know everyone in the basketball team Margaux."

My patience was wearing thin at this point. This wasn't a game show where he could ask me questions from time to time.

"He's sort of new to the team, joined weeks ago." I shrugged my shoulders to seem unbothered.

My father just hummed, not being completely convinced by my answer but not pushing it any further. Thank you.

"Well then, I'd like to meet him someday to get acquainted. Seeing as you never let anyone take you home." And that again was the end of the conversation which led to me awkwardly shuffling around before turning to the stairs and making my way upstairs to my room.

I plopped face first on my bed but not before locking my door. Today has been a very long day. I was so exhausted and in need of a massage.

I've been having back cramps and they're getting on my nerves-which explains me yelling at my cheer team for every slight mistake made.

I was really glad it was already the weekend so I had enough time to relax and enjoy my free time before going back to a hectic school schedule.

My phone beeped and I checked to see who the fuck could be disturbing my thinking time.

Party at Wellington's house at 8pm. Can you make it?

I rolled my eyes at the text from Heather, I sure as hell wasn't attending a stupid party in my bad mood.

I can't. Seriously busy rn. Enjoy.

I hit send and threw my phone back on the bed, letting out a groan of frustration and exasperation.

After having my groaning fit, I got up from the comfortable bed and went to change into proper clothes since the one's I wore suddenly felt off.

Changing out of my outfit didn't take me more than five minutes as I was so desperate to have a shut eye before going downstairs for dinner. You can not miss dinner especially when my father was around.

~

A light knock coming from my bedroom door woke me up and I was surprised at how I heard it. I guess I was a light sleeper after all.