Twenty-one

M:

"What's the matter? Talk to me Margaux." Jamie chased after me to the parking lot. I was glad most of the schools' population had already gone home.

"I told you to leave me alone." I stopped at where my car was and glared at him.

"I won't. We've been together for like a week, I'm ent-"

"No you're not! Jamie, I told you that this," I gestured with my finger between the two of us.

"Is an act. I don't like you-hell I don't even know who the fuck you are. In fact, I'm done. This false relationship is over." I didn't let him respond before I got in my car and backed away from the parking lot.

Tears filled my eyes as I continued driving to the one place responsible for ruining my life. I wiped them away every time I felt them falling passed my cheeks. What have I done?

As I parked my car in our house's garage, I checked my mirror to get rid of any tear stains before stepping out. I sniffled a bit then squared my shoulders and opened the front door of the house.

I was thankful that my father wasn't home but I was proven otherwise when I heard him call out to me.

"Yes sir?" I tried making my voice seem less fearful but failed miserably.

"I just received a call from Jamison's parents. I told you specifically that your relationship should go on for a few months. Why am I hearing that you called it off?" His brows rose in question and I avoided his intense gaze. I couldn't tell him it was because of someone he asked me to stay away from.

"I asked you a question, I expect an answer Margaux." Hearing my name fall from his lips caused shivers to run up my spine and not the good kind.

"I-I couldn't go on with it."

"Why?" He pushed then his face suddenly held realization.

"It's her isn't it? What did I say Margaux? I warned you to stay away from the likes her, do you want me to get angry?" I clenched my jaw as I looked away from him.

"I expect responses from you when necessary!" I flinched when he stood up from his chair with a yell.

"It wasn't because of her, I just don't want to be with Jamie. That's it."

"Do you think I'm stupid? Do you think I'm a fool?" With every word, he took steps towards me and I wanted to back away but I knew he wouldn't like that so I stood my ground.

"N-no I-" I couldn't finish my sentence as I felt my face sting sharply.

I let out a gasp and stared him straight in the eye. I knew it was coming but I didn't think he'd do it now.

"That's exactly what you think and you know it. That relationship you just ended will cost me millions but of course, you didn't want to be with him. This is not about what you want Margaux." He hissed at me as he grabbed onto my biceps with so much force.

"Dad please." I croaked out.

I was tired. He could kill me if he wanted, I've lost practically everything that held any importance to me.

"You should know your pleas mean nothing to me Margaux." He then pushed me backwards until my back came in contact with the wall with so much force, causing me to wince in pain.

"She wouldn't want this-mom wouldn't wan-" his hand coming in contact with my stomach caused the air to forcefully leave my lungs, shutting me up instantly.

"Don't you dare mention her name with that mouth of yours." He warned and I swallowed harshly. My mouth was very dry.

"She was my mother, I have every right to." There was yet another punch aimed at my stomach before it came in contact with my face, causing me to fall to the floor. I didn't get a chance to recover as he rained kicks upon kicks on me, forcing me to curve up into a ball with my hands over my head.