Little chaos

AVERY
RAVEN

MY body crashed to the ground, the sound of Jaxon's malicious laughter echoing in my ears.

"Stop it! Leave her alone!" Marci desperately tried to push her brother and his friends away.

Lily remained in the corner of the pool, oblivious to the chaos unfolding around her, while Damon swam towards her.

At the tender age of thirteen, these boys were becoming increasingly difficult to handle. They could be so cruel. But I didn't care, not anymore.

I had known Jaxon, Damon, and Gray for a long time, but today, I was introduced to the infamous Alessio. He had moved from New York years ago, before we had ever met, but the guys were familiar with him. He had returned a few days ago and started attending our school.

"Stelly Stell coming to rescue her little friend? Go back to starving yourself, you brat," Grayson hissed, attempting to push Stella away from me.

A sharp cry escaped my lips as Alessio accidentally stepped on my ankle. But no one heard me; they were all too busy arguing.

Alessio quickly bent down, his hand cradling my head and his other hand applying pressure to my leg. "Are you alright, Avery?" he asked, concern etched on his face.

I nodded, my brow furrowing. "Yeah, thanks," I mumbled as he helped me sit up on the grass.

"Do you want some ice cream?" he offered gently.

I hesitated. It didn't feel appropriate for us to go inside his house alone to get ice cream. Besides, I didn't trust the guys around us.

But there was something about the way he offered...

"Yes, sure," I smiled, allowing him to take my hand in his. A blush crept up my cheeks as he led us into his stunning house.

It was absolutely cute.

Just like him.

Avery!

"It's the first time I held hands with a boy," I shyly say. Oh, how innocent I am to suddenly say that.

Alessio chuckles. "Get used to it, I won't let your hand go."

"I heard you singing earlier. What song were you singing?" he asked abruptly, opening the fridge.

My eyes widened. He had been watching me sing to myself?!

"Ah, Tay Tay."

"Tay Tay? Is that a guy?"

I shook my head.

"Who is she then?"

I hesitated. "You probably hate her like most teenage boys do," I said, adjusting the buttons on my overalls.

He shrugged, handing me a strawberry ice cream wrapped in plastic.

"Don't assume things about me, Avery," he chuckled.

"Well, she's an icon. Taylor. Taylor Swift."

Alessio furrows his eyebrows. "Never heard of 'er."

I gasped, bouncing up and down with excitement as I revealed the ice cream. "May I please, pretty please, with a pink bow, persuade you to listen to her until you fall in love with her and then you can become a swiftie?!" I exclaimed, unable to contain my enthusiasm.

He can't keep his wide eyes off me as he grinned. He was fixated on me. Only me.

Unlike my Father.

I felt special.