𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

Alessio & Damon's POV today!

ALESSIO

There was only one solution to the mess that was happening. Either we all lie, or Damon steps up and says the truth to Jaxon. Either way, both of the solutions were fucked up.

"Just lie, it's not the best thing, but it'll prevent problems." Avery mumbled, everyone turned to her. It was true, her idea wasn't the right one, but I agreed with her. Damon was hesitant, I know he felt guilty about this situation. Jaxon was his best friend, he didn't mean for this to happen.

"Oh god, you're hiding the truth for a good reason. And if Jaxon ever finds out, he'd understand. If he's your best friend, he would get mad but not mad enough to cut you off." Stella muttered with annoyance, she was getting sick of this.

"How about you Lily? What do you think?" Marcella spoke up. Liliana was zoned out, but she heard her name and was startled. The look on her face wasn't appealing, she looked exhausted. 

"Of course, she can't answer, we're planning to lie to her boyfriend, and we will obviously make her hide it from him." Grayson commented with a grunt. Liliana was looking at Marcella and she shrugged.

"It's a fine idea, we have to do what we have to do." 

"Are you sure? I don't think you'd like lying to Jaxon, would you?" 

"It's fine, Marci, it's just a lie. Sooner or later everything will be fine."

"Okay, so lie it is," I said the final answer, everyone nodded. As if on cue, the elevator door rang and Jaxon came in. His eyes took in the penthouses living room finding us.

"Marci, where the hell were you?" Was the first thing that came out of his mouth, being an older brother that was protective of Marcella was something we've witnessed for years. So if he found out she was dating his best friend--Im not even sure if they fucking are-- behind his back, he would take it seriously.

"Yesterday, when you disappeared with Liliana, Stella got drunk and she wouldn't wanna leave, so we needed Marcella and Avery to help us take her home. But her parents were sleeping so we had to come to the penthouse. Marcella was tired so she fell asleep." Grayson said the excuse we agreed on. 

Jaxon squinted his eyes, observing his twin sister, they had a good bond. But, Marcella looked him in the eye and nodded with reassurance.

"Thank you for keeping her alive, but it's been forever since we caught up. I was thinking we head out?" Jaxon muttered looking at Lily, the eye contact they shared wasn't normal, or a cute couple one. It was intense and had suspense in it.

"Sure." We all nodded.

"Marcella, is your car downstairs? You went to the club with it." 

"Yeah, I got my driver to get it for her," Alessio muttered, it was an honest response. Jaxon, Alessio, Damon, and I, headed out to the cabin.

DAMON

"I have to go, my father called me." The lie slipped out of my mouth, and my friends turned to me and nodded. We hung out for a while until Marcella texted me, she mentioned how she wanted to talk to me. So I gladly fucking lied. 

'Don't come to my house, please come to Avery's.'

I checked her text, as I was putting on my helmet. Driving to Avery's house didn't take long since the cabin wasn't that far from her house. I parked my motorcycle on the sidewalk and texted Marcella that I was there.