𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟎

JAXON

I stayed all night by her side. I couldn't miss the chance I got to stay beside her and visit her.  Even if the chair I was sitting on was uncomfortable. My eyes didn't shut to sleep, just so I could watch her. I never had hope in me, but I had so much fucking faith in her. She can do it, she will do it. 

The letters I wrote are stacked beside her nightstand, even if she will not read them, I had a feeling to keep them close to her. I gripped her hand softly, holding it in my palm. She looked so fragile and pale. I hated it. Why did the accident happen to Liliana? Why are the innocent people the ones that collide with darkness?

I wasn't tired of staying up all night by her side. In fact, it was the most precious thing I could spend time on. Her heart was golden, she deserved millions of people waiting by her side. I want to give her the world, but the world needs her. I want her to have my heart and never return it, no matter what. Even if she breaks it, I will always forgive her. That's the fucking problem, Liliana doesn't break, she heals. She cures the people around her, no matter how disturbing they are.

"Will you not eat anything?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned and found Avery. I sent her a smile as she stood beside Liliana, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"How did you get in? You're not supposed to be here." I asked.

"I snuck in." She shrugged, taking Liliana's other hand in hers.

"Do you think she'll remember us when she wakes up?" Avery bit her lip, glancing at her best friend.

"Don't say that, don't." I shook my head, shutting my eyes. I can't bare with any more thoughts. I don't want her to forget anything, I want her to remember how many people love and care about her. 

Avery nodded and left the room, and I was left alone again. I put a strand of Liliana's hair behind her ear, placed a kiss on her cheek, and laid my head on the hospital bed.

--

I opened my eyes and they widened when Liliana was smiling at me. "Liliana? Y-You're awake." I stood up, holding her hand tight.

"Where am I? Who are you? Let me out. I don't know you!" She screamed, pulling her hand out of my hold. I shook my head and clenched my jaw.

"It's me, Jaxon. I'm your--boyfriend." I tried to put my hand on her arm but she pushed me away, sitting on the hospital bed. I let out a harsh breath, worry crashing down on me. How could she forget everything? 

Three nurses walked in after hearing her screams. "What's going on?"

"She doesn't fucking remember me. That's what's going on." I growled, I didn't even get to talk to her or tell her how sorry I am, she just stared at me as if I'm a stranger. I shook my head at Liliana.

"I don't know this guy, tell him to leave." She pointed at me.

I tightened my hand around something, a hand. And I realized, it was just a dream and I was holding onto Liliana's wrist. Thank fucking god it was all a dream, I don't think I could handle another heartbreak. She can't forget me, because if she ever woke up and forgot me, I don't think I can deal with that much weight on my shoulders.

However, if that ever happens--which it won't--I will stand by her side and repeat every single memory of us. 

I let go of Liliana when I realized I was holding her hand to tensing. I didn't want to ever hurt her, I put her through so much. It's my fault, if I didn't argue with her and caused her such pain she would've never gotten into her car in the middle of the night, and she would've never crashed.