𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟐

AVERY

"Why the fuck are you inviting Ava--let me remind you Avery's step-sister--to your birthday party? That's stupid."

"Stella, she's kind of Avery's step-sister. And she keeps making comments about how she wants to be invited. You know I can't say no." Lily whined. We were talking about Lily's birthday which was tomorrow night. She will be throwing a small birthday party.

Some friends of ours were invited, it will be held at Lily's house. Marcella nudged my thigh. "Are you okay with Ava being there?" She muttered and I nodded. I could care less, this day was about Lily turning eighteen. I know Stella was only mad because her temper was too hot and she'd end up murdering Ava.

"Whatever, let's just go over what you're wearing." Stella picks out a few dresses from Lily's closet. Soon enough, we picked out a brand new dress Liliana got. It was a baby pink short dress.

"Hey darlings, I made some cupcakes." Lily's mom walked in, handing us a plate of chocolate cupcakes. We thanked her and she left.

I got a text from Alessio and smiled instantly, he made sure to check up on me every few hours. Something that made me blush and always remember that I had him in my life.

'Hey, we just finished buying Liliana gifts.'

'That's sweet of you guys, tomorrow will be fun.'

'Did you eat?'

'Yes, in fact, Im eating cupcakes right now.'

'Good. Drink water too, Avery.'

I liked his message and raised my head, only to find all of my friends curiously watching me. "He's so cute with you, but so mean to us. It's unfair." Marci stuck her tongue out, I shook my head and giggled taking a bite out of the cupcake.

"Meadows," Stella whispered under her breath, she blurted it out actually. Thinking none of us heard her.

"Just admit, you like him." We all agreed, but Stella will be Stella. She shook her head with revulsion. "He only wants to play me. If I get attached, hell abandon me. Just like how everyone in my life does. Rule number three: Never let them get involved and let them abandon you." She gulped.

"Grayson may be an asshole, but we all know deep down he cares about you."

"Yeah. Plus, we're here. Never say we would abandon you, let anyone think about it. We are all bound to each other."

Hearing each other say these things, made us feel closer. We all needed each other, that's all that mattered. It's us against the world, it will never be us against each other. If one of us falls, all of us do. If one of us breaks, we all do. If one of us fails, we all fail.

"Promise we're here for each other." Lily raises her pinky. We all laugh, holding each other's pinkies. We have been using this pinky-promise oath since we met. It never changed. We will always be young and each other's best friends. None of us will get separated.

"When I become a surgeon, I'm killing you guys for making me tear up," Stella muttered erasing her tears. We all smile at her.

"Sure Stells." Marci steals Stella's cupcake, making her whine.

-----

I put on my red dress, ready for Lily's party. I grabbed the box I wrapped up for her. Choosing a gift for Lily was hard. I didn't know whether to get her a book, jewelry, or other things. But I think I came up with a good gift. Lily would like anything someone got her, so I wasn't that worried.

"Hey Dad, hey Mom." I smiled at them walking downstairs. They both kissed my head and I left the house. I only walked to Lily's house since we lived close to each other, plus, I didn't feel like driving.