Chapter 40: Good Job

The next day, the school bell rang and Zoey walked into the class for the first lesson.

She dropped her bag beside her table and sat down. Her eyes scanned the whole class. Natalie, Mirabel and some girls discussed. Stephan, MJ and Chris talked while Austin and his friends joked and laughed. Then the introverts sat on their table with their phones. She didn't see Klaus or Lana or Scott....... oh, he just came in.

Zoey pressed her lips on seeing Klaus. She remembered last night. He walked to the fourth row and sat beside the wall. Zoey then saw Lana step in she rolled her eyes in her mind seeing her still dressing alike with her.

Lana walked over to Klaus who was on his phone and sat beside him.

"Hey" she said and he looked at her.

"Hey" he said.

"So tomorrow is valentine's day" she said but he didn't say a thing.

The whole school just kept on murmuring about valentine's day. Naveen high celebrated Valentine's day hugely. Both among the students and the teachers or staffs.

Usually people who are single would always try to get a val before the day. It's like a tradition every year.

"Hey" Natalie came over to Zoey who sat alone.

"Hi" Zoey said smiling.

"So who's your val?" Natalie asked and Zoey turned speechless.

"Uhm......I don't have-"

"No don't tell me that, what about him?........ Look, she's gonna get him" Natalie said looking at Lana and Klaus who sat few chairs away from them.

"I don't think so " Zoey said.

"What do you mean-"

"I mean, we were together last night" Zoey said lowering her volume. Natalie reacted with raised eyebrows.

"Really? No lies"

"I'm not kidding " Zoey said.

"Wow. Then he's gonna ask you to be his val. Just wait and see " Natalie said.

~•~

"Have any val yet?" Lana asked Klaus.

"I don't do that" he said looking at his phone.

"Why?" She asked.

"Why do you guys do it?" He asked back.

"To show love" she said.

"Well, maybe I don't wanna show love" he said while typing something in his phone.

Lana looked at him then his phone. How can he talk and still type at the same time. She wondered cause she can't do that unless she's typing what she's saying.

"Okay, how about you give it a chance this year, it's our last in highschool anyways" she said making her raise his head and look at her.

"I'll think about it" he said making her smile.

"Alright, settle down class" their mathematics teacher stepped in making most of the students groan. He left for a while and their substitute teacher Miss Brenda took after. But seeing him made them angry.

"Fuck, Mr Brendon is back?" Lana said, she also hated him.

"I know I know, you guys are sad to see me here but trust me, I'm the saddest to see your faces" Brendon said before turning to the board and writing maths.

"Let's see. A quick oral quiz. I wanna know whose brain is still functioning after my leave" he said looking at the whole students.

"Oh, Scott is present. Such a big surprise" Brendon said making people look at Scott and chuckle. He sat behind.