Chapter 16 - Tears

Not edited

Klaus reached outside in search for Zoey but didn't see her. He walked to the parking lot and then saw her.

"Zoey" he called getting no one's attention cause she didn't hear a single word. All was in her mind was that terrible picture of Scott and Damella kissing.

"Hey" Klaus called as he walked to her. He reached her and leaned in to see her face because she lowered her head.

"Hey-"

"Please don't" she said looking at him. Tears rolled down her eyes never ending. "I know what you're about to say but don't, please"

"Zoey-"

"Fucking loved a jerk!" She shouted in pain and disbelief altogether making Klaus flinch.

"It was all a lie. All this while he.....h-he didn't mean all of these. He was using me all this while nick" she said pointing herself and looking at him.

"I'm a fool aren't I?" She asked. "that fucking bastard, used me all along-"

"Hey, It's okay" he said holding her arms. Zoey looked at him for sometime before shaking her head slowly.

"It's not okay" she said crying again. Klaus sighed before coming closer and putting her head gently on his chest.

Zoey instantly clutched his shirt tightly as she cried the more on his chest. Klaus patted her hair gently allowing her to cry all she can.

"It's okay" he said but she began falling down making Klaus go down with her.

Klaus thought if she wasn't tired of crying because all those ones she did were just the beginning. She cried more and more and the only thing he could do was comfort her knowing he's been in same situation.

~•~

Klaus started the car and glanced at Zoey beside him.

"Are you okay?" He asked and she nodded.

"Home?" He asked but she just looked at her window for sometime before looking at him.

"Can I go somewhere else?" She asked him and he looked at her in response before starting the car.

Zoey looked at the trees and houses move. The car was quiet and Klaus would look at her from time to time.

"Hey" he called and she looked at him.

"Don't blame yourself too much" he told her. Zoey remained her gaze on him as he drove.

"Why're you staring?" He asked making her remove her gaze from him quickly.

"Why're you suddenly nice to me?" She asked making him chuckle. Hearing him chuckle was like music to her ears. Did she hear right? Was today the day of new things being revealed to her?

"What? What's funny?" She asked.

"Your question" he said. Zoey looked at him for sometime and when he looked at her she looked away.

"When you bother me you don't avoid eye contact" he said and she felt already embarrassed.

"Who said I was avoiding eye contact?" She asked licking her lips.

"Don't worry, I won't tease you anymore" he said making her glare at him.

"Since when were you a talkative?" She asked.

"I was born one. Sorry I didn't show it to you sooner. We're here" he said stopping the car.

Zoey looked at her window and saw the duplex.