Chapter 34: High Hopes

"okay, let's start with our correction" Mrs Brenda said. The part most people hated.

"Alright, Freddie. Get up. Teach the class question 1" she said and Freddie sighed before getting up slowly. He was lucky cause number one was the simplest.

The class was silent as he solved. When he was done, Mrs Brenda looked at it.

"Give him a round of applause" Mrs Brenda said and the class clapped before he walked to his sit.

"Who wants to solve question two?" She asked and a lot of people rose up their hands. Most people at the front covered the people at the back so Mrs Brenda stretched to see the back.

"Uhm.......Mandy?" She said and everyone looked at Mandy.

She got up from her locker and walked to the board. Mandy was one of their quiet members. She would sit on her own without speaking to anyone.

She took the white board marker and started solving. She solved quickly and closed the marker before turning to look at the class.

"Wow. That was..... accurate" Brenda said "Applause please"

Mandy walked to her chair as some people looked at her. They didn't know she was smart.

"Okay, the difficult part, number three" she said and only Austin rose up his hand making Mrs Brenda chuckle.

"It is a hard question, I see" she said and they mumbled.

Mrs Brenda ignored Austin who rose his hand and walked towards the back.

"Zoey, would you help us please " she said and everyone looked at Zoey. Zoey pointed herself and Brenda nodded.

"Oh" she said before getting up and collecting the marker.

She reached the board and began solving. She did exactly the same thing, she did in her book. This question was a bit difficult but she passed through it. It was number five that was the hardest.

"Done" she said before closing the marker and looking at the class.

"I'm glad. You've really improved. No more skipping classes huh?" Mrs Brenda asked and some chuckles were heard.

Zoey fake smiled before dropping the marker and walking to her chair.

Klaus quietly watched her come back to her sit and saw her collect her phone from her pocket.

"Austin. Number four please" Brenda said and Austin finally got up from his sit.

"So number four. That would have been a hard solution for some people. But don't worry, Austin will guide you" he said before turning to the board.

"We will start with the calculus" he began solving.

Zoey put back her phone and looked at the board. His big handwriting filled the board.

"He spent too much time on his book and forgot about his handwriting" Zoey said to herself as she stared at the board.

"Wonderful, Mr Addams" Brenda said as he bowed to the class.

"Alright, the last one. My friend over there" she said pointing at the back and everyone turned the back.

Klaus who relaxed on his sit as he played with his pen was confused as how everyone looked at him.

"Hm?" He asked as he sat up before looking at Brenda who gestured 'come out' with her hand.

He slowly stood up before someone talked.

"He wasn't present yesterday" someone said.

"I know, so tell us why you weren't present" she said and the class was quiet to hear him.