Chapter 21- Still Bothers

During lunch, Zoey held her tray and walked around the cafeteria searching for Klaus. At that moment, she realized he was her only friend at school.

If she doesn't find him, she sure will eat alone.

She walked further to the back and spotted he and Damella on a table. She swallowed her saliva on seeing he and Damella.

"What's she doing now?" She whispered to herself.

She was about turning around but saw Damella getting up and leaving. Looks like she just came there for a talk. Zoey smiled and walked towards Klaus table.

"Hey" she said and he just glanced at her.

She didn't say anything and sat down. She looked at him whose head was already lowered as he ate his food.

Seeing he doesn't like being the first one to speak, she cleared her throat making him slowly raise his head and look at her.

"I saw Damella on my way here, having any problem with her?" She asked to start small talk but he just shook his head and she nodded.

Zoey picked up her spoon slowly but quickly dropped and looked at him.

"Are you okay?" She asked him and he nodded.

"Hey, the plan worked, you know. Scott hasn't come to bother me since then. I feel so relieved. You're a lifesaver" she said smiling before she began eating.

Klaus looked at her as she ate her food.

"How did you guys-" he didn't finish his sentence when Maeve quickly crashed in.

"What's up people! Hi Zoey" she said sitting beside Klaus.

"Hey" Zoey said with a smile.

"I heard something and I came over here for confirmation. So is it true?" Maeve asked and Klaus sighed knowing what she already heard.

"Uhmm...yeah, it's true, whatever you heard is true" Zoey said just before she and Klaus' eyes met.

"Are you sure?" Maeve asked looking at the both of them.

"Yeah" Zoey said.

"Why isn't nick speaking?" Maeve asked.

"It's true" he said and quickly licked his lips after.

"Oh my God. I really thought it's gonna take a while. But you guys are already unto it. I love you guys so much. Zoey thanks for moving him out of his isolated zone. He needs a girl in his life" she said and quickly left.

Zoey quickly felt the awkward breeze hit her face after Maeve left. She looked at Klaus who was already eating.

"So..... you don't wanna date anyone?" She asked him and he paused for a while before resuming without raising his head.

"Who do you want me to date?" He asked and she sighed.

"Can you not answer my question with another question?" She asked making him raise his head and look at her.

"Fine, ask your question" he said and she smiled.

"Why won't you date someone?" She asked.

"Because I don't want to" he said looking at her. Zoey looked at him still she couldn't help but look away.

"Why?" She asked.

"It's pointless, cause there's always a break up after" he said.

"So you're saying you're scared of breaking up if you start a relationship?" She asked but he didn't reply.