Chapter 36: Not in the mood

The next day, Klaus walked downstairs quickly in the morning and met only Maeve on the table eating.

"Where's mom?" He asked and Maeve pointed the kitchen.

Klaus then walked to the kitchen and saw Pearson washing the dishes.

"Can I help you?" Pearson asked seeing Klaus.

"Why did you take my drawings?" Klaus asked and Pearson was quiet for a while before turning off the tap and turning to him.

"Is that the good morning you're meant to say to me?" She asked and nick just looked at her.

"My drawings mom" he said and Pearson folded her arms and just looked at him.

"Good morning" he said and she smiled.

"Morning, how was your night?" She asked.

"Bad" he said and she chuckled.

"I want my drawings mom" he said.

"You're grounded son" she said and he was quiet.

"Fine, then why did you take my drawings away?" He asked and Pearson just ignored him and turned to wash her plate.

"Breakfast is ready. Eat quick and go to school" she said.

"Nah, I won't eat till you give me my drawings" he said and she chuckled. Her son was the most stubborn person she'd ever seen.

"Fine, don't eat. You'll get hungry at school" she said and Klaus looked at her.

"Give me my drawings mom-"

"Can you please get out of my kitchen?!" She said raising her voice.

"You think I'm happy with you?" She asked and nick just suddenly sucked in a lot of air before licking his lips.

"Mom what's your problem with me?" He asked with a tired expression.

"Are you willing to apologize?" She asked turning to him.

"I already did" he said.

"Only to your dad" she said.

"I only offended dad, not you" he said and Pearson looked at him with little surprise and disbelief.

"Oh well, congrats you're grounded and not getting either your phone or your drawings back" she said and Klaus stared at her.

He looked at her for sometime before walking out of the kitchen .

"I'm leaving" he said to Maya who was still eating.

"Wait for me" she said carrying a toast and running out with Klaus'.

Klaus reached the car and halted before he sighed. He forgot the car keys.

"I forgot the keys" he said before going back inside. Pearson was now at the dining.

"You're trekking today. I mean till you apologize. I'm with the key" she said and nick stopped in his tracks.

"Fine, where are my pills?" He asked and she looked at it.

"Parlour drawers. Why?" She asked.

"I'll probably get breathing problems" he said and Pearson was quiet.

"Your dad will drop you guys off" she said feeling guilty.

"I'm fine. I have to serve my punishment" he said before leaving the house.

"We're walking" he said to Maeve and Maeve furrowed her brows.

"Won't it affect you?" She asked following him to the gate.