Chapter 38: Don't forget

They reached the class and Zoey sat back on her desk with Klaus sitting beside her.

She opened her school bag and brought out her drawing book. She gave it to him and he opened it. She searched for her pencils and cleaners as Klaus looked at her drawings.

He opened them slowly as he looked at them. He opened the next page and rose his brows seeing the next one. He looked at Zoey making Zoey look at him.

"What?" She asked before looking at the book. She quickly turned the page in embarrassment making Klaus laugh.

"Stop laughing" she said.

"Hold on hold on hold on" he said turning the page back.

He looked at the drawing of himself on the book.

"Stop looking -"

"Chill" he said getting up with the book as he admired his portrait drawn by Zoey.

"When was this?" He asked and she pressed her lips.

"Forgotten" she didn't even remember she had more than one drawing of him. She remembered tearing one up because she was angry at him for mingling with Lana.

He still looked at it, she got every bit of his features. It's his first time someone drawing him. Even he hasn't drawn himself before.

"That's enough. Draw me" she said and he dragged his chair to sit across her.

He flipped to an empty paper and placed it on her desk before looking at her.

"Your phone" he said and she gave him.

He opened the camera and intended to snap her.

"Pose" he said and Zoey licked her lips before smiling at the camera. She had a natural beautiful smile so anytime she snapped photos she always smiled.

He tapped and it snapped her.

"Another one" he said.

"How many are you drawing?" She asked.

"One" he said. "I'll pick the best"

She stuck out her tongue, winked and made a peace sign. It captured and Klaus nodded telling her to pose again.

She pouted at the camera and tilted her head a bit before he snapped her getting some people attention, those that sat close to them.

"Alright" he said giving her the phone.

"I should pick?" She asked and he nodded.

She swiped at the pictures and realized how good they were, she thought it would be bad cause it was just camera, no filters on. But it was nice, the camera was clear and the light from the window they sat close to added more beauty to the pictures. It was hard to chose one.

"This one" she said turning the phone to him and showing him the second take.

"Okay" he said collecting it and keeping beside the book. He took one of the pencils. There were different kinds of pencils that Zoey gave him and as if he knew their use already, he selected one.

Zoey watched him satisfyingly as he looked at the picture for ten seconds before he began drawing.

"Full?" He asked.

"Anyone convenient for you" she said.

~•~

The bell rang and those that had classes left to their various class and the others remained. It was art class so Zoey and Klaus remained cause they didn't do art.

Zoey leaned in and watched him how he sketched out first. She looked at his hand and furrowed her brows before thinking for a second.

"You use left hand?" She asked and he looked at her.

"Yeah" he said with a look saying 'you're just realizing?"

"I never knew, seriously" she said and he shook his head and went back to his drawing. She thought it was so weird to draw with left hand.

But it seems it wasn't to him at all, cause he noved his hand freely like nothing.

"Do you write with the left too?" She asked and he sighed.

"Yeah, do you think I can use both hands?" He asked looking at his drawing.

"Oh, so you're basically left handed" she said.

"Yes Zoey. Yes" he replied. He wondered why she made a noise about a little thing.

Later that day, Zoey opened her locker to keep her books when Klaus came and leaned beside her locker facing her.

"Close your eyes" he said and she smiled before looking around.

"Why?" She asked looking back at him.

"Just do it" he said and she slowly closed her eyes.

"Now open" he said and Zoey opened and saw the drawing of herself sitting down, winking with her tongue stuck out and fingers making the peace sign.

"Oh my God" she said smiling as she slowly collected the book. She looked at Klaus then at her.

"That turned to this?" She asked in disbelief.

"It's like I'm staring at the mirror" she said admiring it. He even drew the exact shirt she wore. He was so talented.

"How's it?" He asked.

"I love it" she said smiling.

"You owe me" he said making her look at him.

"But I drew you" she said.

"That's you just drooling over me on paper" he said and she parted her lips and stared at him dumbfounded.

He looked at her and chuckled before taking waving his hand telling her sorry.

"I wasn't drooling over you" she whined.

"Alright-"

"I was just-"

"Alright alright, sorry. I was just joking " he said so she won't start arguing.

"I just tried to draw you" she said looking at her picture again.

"You still owe me" he said and she looked at him.

"What do you want?" She asked and he looked at someone behind her before looking at her.

"I'll tell you later" he said and was about to leave but Zoey quickly held his hand and turned to him. Her eyes travelled to where he looked before and then back to him.

"Can we have lunch together?" She asked and he looked at her.

"Yeah, you don't have to ask" he said and Zoey screamed inside in excitement at his response. She was really moving higher with him, soon he will fall for her, she thought. 

He was about to leave but she held him back again.

"Come to my house tonight" she said and he looked at her for sometime.

"I'm grounded" he said.

"Sneak out then" she said and he quietly thought about it before nodding.

"Alright" he said and she smiled.

"Don't forget, eleven pm. My dad sleeps by then" she said and he nodded before she finally left him.

"Can I go now?" He asked and she chuckled before nodding.

"Alright, see you around" he said before walking away. She smiled as she watched him how.

She loved him even more now!