Chapter 4: Maeve Kennedy

Maeve walked along the busy corridor of the school with her bag hung only on her right shoulder. She looked at the floor while walking.

*Flashback*
"What's with you and Scott?"  Klaus asked.

"Nothing, I just-"

"What the hell happened between you two?"

"He didn't do a thing. Let me explain!-"

"Where the fuck is he?" Klaus interrupted her and left the room.

She sighed just before she sighted Scott, MJ and Stephan she hesitated before walking over to them.

"Hey" she said to Scott and they looked at her.

"Hey Maeve, what's up?" He asked.

"Uhm....can we talk for a while?" She asked and he looked at his friends before walking with her.

"Where are we going?" He asked her as they walked.

"Somewhere Klaus wouldn't see us" she said and he chuckled.

"Are you really doing this Maeve? And what if he sees us?" Scott asked and she halted and faced him.

"Can we just talk before he comes?" She asked and Scott sighed before nodding.

"Lead the way" he said and she led him to a class.

"What's it about?" He asked facing her.

"Look, I'm really sorry about the fact that Klaus came to your home and did all that. I tried to stop him-"

"How did you let it slip? How did he know?" Scott asked and she was quiet.

"Let's forget about it Scott. I mean, I love Klaus, but I have to decide my life too" she said and Scott just looked at her for sometime before walking closer.

Maeve stood there and he just walked closer. His height hovered her and she held her breath. Scott leaned in slowly towards her ear.

"You know I don't do shit like this" he whispered. "you should find someone else, maybe it's best for your relationship with Klaus"

He said and before he could leave Maeve quickly hugged him.

"You know I can't do that Scott" she said and he just sighed staring at the door of the class.

Klaus closed the book and walked downstairs when he met MJ and Stephan.

"Hey" he said and was about to pass them when MJ quickly held him back.

"What?" Klaus asked.

"Where are you going?" Mj asked.

"Someone, I need to return this to her" Klaus said showing them the book.

"Who exactly?" Stephan asked and Klaus narrowed his eyes and looked at them.

"What's wrong?" Klaus asked and MJ just left him and shook his head.

"Do you guys know where Maeve is?" Klaus asked and Stephan coughed.

"W-we don't know...... Stephan let's go" MJ said and dragged Stephan with him.

Klaus watched them as they walked away. He shook his head before walking away. He was walking towards Maeve class. He reached the door and quickly halted, meeting eyes with Scott who was being hugged by Maeve.

Scott sighed in seeing Klaus at the door.

"You should have let me go earlier" Scott whispered to maeve, making Maeve leave him and look at him.

She saw his gaze focusing on the door so she turned around and met Klaus.

"Oh. Klaus" she said smiling nervously.

"What the fuck happened?" Klaus asked looking at Scott.

"Klaus I can explain-"

"What the fuck happened?" He asked again as he entered the class.

"Klaus-"

"I told you to stay away from her" Klaus said looking at Scott.

"Do I have to listen to you?" Scott asked and Klaus looked at him just before he instantly pushed Scott making him hit the tables and chairs.

"Klaus, stop it. You're gonna get us punished" Maeve said but he ignored him and gave Scott a punch.

"Klaus stop it, people are looking"

"I told you to stay away from him Maeve, why didn't you listen to me?" Klaus left Scott and asked Maeve.

"It was just a hug-"

"Just a hug?" Klaus asked and she sighed before he held Scott by the collar and punched him again making him fall down out of the class and people turning to him.

"Hey! Klaus stop it!" Maeve scolded but he gave her deaf ears.

Scott smiled as he wiped off the blood from his lips.
Before he could finish, Klaus dragged him back up and gave him another punch.

"Agh! Why on same spot?" Scott groaned before he spat out blood.

MJ and Stephan quickly ran, terrified to see the scene.

"What the fuck Klaus?" MJ said holding Klaus back while Stephan walked to Scott.

"Look at me. Why the hell are you doing-" MJ didn't finish speaking when Klaus pushed him away and walked away. Zoey looked at him walk towards her. He said nothing and just left. She turned and saw him go downstairs.

"Are you okay?" Maeve asked Scott but he just ignored her. She said nothing and left quickly. She ran downstairs just before the teachers came in and dispersed everyone.

~•~

Maeve pressed the doorbell and Pearson opened the door.

"Hey auntie" she said with a gloomy face and Pearson furrowed her brows.

"You didn't come home with Klaus today?" She asked and Maeve shook her head and just walked upstairs.

"Oh, Klaus didn't pick his call. He forgot his inhaler" Pearson said.

"He will be back soon" Maeve said as she walked upstairs.

Maeve opened her room door and closed it. She dropped her bag on the floor and quickly walked to the bed. She sank her head into her pillow as her decisive mind flashback to what happened today. Part of her regretted ever meeting Scott.

The school bell rang for dismissal and Zoey closed her locker. She hung her back with a shoulder when she saw Scott sitting on the stair.

She then slowly walked towards him.

"Worried about questions momma's gonna ask you?" She asked as she slowly sat beside him.

"Why are you suddenly here?" He asked and she looked at him.

"Humanity sake. Trust me, I don't wanna get my pride hurt" she said and he chuckled lightly.

"The game is next tomorrow, don't you think you won't be able to play?" She asked.

"You think?" He asked and she remained quiet.

"Fine, I'll quit the deal" he said and she looked at him. "but you will have to do something for me" Scott said and she rose a brow.

"Not falling for it" She asked and he chuckled.

"At least you know something about me, I don't give up easily" Scott said and stood up.

"The deal is still on, Smith. I'm joining the game, see you on Friday" he said and left.