chapter 60

Vardhan pov-

Baby shower function.....

Kindly use that brain of yours ....it will make your and others lives easy .......I said to Sandhya who sat on the bed looking at the floor.

Look at me and answer....why would you apply lipstick to Amu . She is 3 years old only .....I questioned her and she blinked her eyes..

She was crying and wanted me to apply it to her .....she murmered making me glare at her .

She is 3 not you . You could have made her understand.
Don't you know it has harmful chemicals that can go straight in her mouth.I don't understand the logic of painting your mouth to look good ....I huffed .

Vardhan kyu chilla raha hai ..... guests are waiting downstairs to start the function. Har time jab dekho chikhta rehta hai ....Maa said entering the room and scolded me .

I sighed and gulped a glass of water .
We are coming maa....I said and she left after kissing Sandhya'd forehead telling her how beautiful she is looking.

Come now ...I said forwarding my palm to her and she slapped my hand away .
Mujhe nahi aana aapke saath .....she whispered wiping the corner of her eyes.

To kiske saath aana hai .....shall I call Bua ji to escort you ....I asked and she glared at me .
You just yelled at me on my special day ....she muttered.

I can do it again if you didn't listened to me .....I said and she held my hand and bite on my arm making me chuckle.

Bohot bure ho Vardhan aap.....I swear ,but I can't even leave you and you take full advantage of that ....She said and I cupped her face and pecked her lips .

Shall we ma'am ....I asked bowing down a little forwarding my hand and she giggled before grabbing it and standing up .

Yes everything is back to normal as it was the need of time .
Given her poor health and whatever Vaani said that day made me check my priorities and yes everything comes after her and baby's well being .

But I made sure that she doesn't feel like I am being good just because of given circumstances else she would start her overthinking like always .

I held her hand as  we descended down the stairs gaining everyone's attention.
Amu squeled seeing us and ran to us .
I held her in my arm and walked Sandhya to the centre of the hall and settled her on the chair decorated for her .

She wanted it to be a swing but I strictly denied. I didn't want to take any risk just for making things fancy .

Amu set beside her looking absolutely adorable and I kissed her cheek .

Sandhya's family is also there for the baby shower along with all the relatives.

Maa started the ritual by covering Sandhya's head by a Dupatta and Doing her aarti .
She then gave her some gifts .
She then put a tilak on Amu's forhead too making her Grin and gave a gift to her .

Amu being herself wanted to unwrap it then and there but Sandhya made her understand kissing her palm and Amu kept her gifts with Sandhya.

One by one everyone came presenting Sandhya gifts and blessings her and the baby .

Once we were done with it ....we cut the cake and my beautiful wife was glowing.
And I felt content seeing her happiness.

The ladies started dancing and I excused my self and joined the other males .

I was talking to Vikram when Vinod uncle approached me .
Vikram left living us alone to chat after greeting Uncle .

Vardhan beta ....I just wanted to Thankyou for everything you have done for us . I know you consider us family and for me also to you are the son that I never had .
But still I want you to know that I am extremely grateful to you ......He said getting emotional and I just shook my head and hugged him .