chapter 21

Vardhan Pov-

Where are you going now ....Maa asked me as I was about to step out .
Vihaan , Vikram ,Aakash and me , we planned to go somewhere and enjoy ourselves. It was afternoon time and some ladies function was planned by maa ,so it's better to go out .

Outside ....I replied grabbing my car key .
Vardhan !!! Maa warned , getting irritated by my answer.
What Vardhan Maa, Don't tell me I am needed for that ladies function because I won't take part in it . I am telling you in advance only ....I told her seriously.

You can go but come home on time . We have a ritual pending for Dinner time....she said and now I am seriously irritated by all these rituals.

What are these non sense never ending rituals. It would have been better if I would have done a simple court marriage. Do what ever you want but don't drag me into all these Now . I am done . I announced Maa glared at me but I don't care .

Akshita , Bua ji ,  Vaani , some of my Aunt's and Maasi were present there.
Sandhya came forward listening to my loud voice .

Please gussa mat kariye ...she whispered slowly standing in between me and Maa .
I glared at her as I can't glare back at my mother and left from there.

We had a fun time at one of my Hotel . It was around 8 pm when Aakash phone rang .
He answered the call as it was Vaani .
Guys we need to get back home now ....He announced getting up .
We will go after Dinner ..I said and picked up the phone to order something for us .
No, we will have dinner at home only ....he said making me frown .

Yrrr today Sandhya has prepared something for first time , so we must head home ...he informed.
It's okay . You can taste her food some other day and I have had her handmade food when I went to meet her . So it's not my first time.....I said because I was a bit drunk and Dad would taunt me if he found me drunk .

I know we would get into a heated argument and I just wanted to avoid that for now .
But they all started saying that they will have food at home only and I gave in.
They were a bit sober but I consumed a little more than usual although I was in my full senses.

We reached home by 9 due to traffic .
I was about to climb the stairs when Akshita called me .
Bhaiiii come , join us on the Dining table....she invited .

I am not hungry, I will have something later on...you guys continue....I said and Before anyone could say anything else ....I quickly ascended the stairs and reached my room .

I took a warm bath to relax my muscles and got into my shorts and T shirt.
My phone beeped and I checked the message...it was from the architect of the hotel from Shimla. I will have to go there tomorrow again as some people have again created some problems.

I need to end this for once and all . I have been trying to deal with it nicely but it seems like they wish to see my other side too .

I called my special team and asked them to get ready for tomorrow.
I got busy with making calls and other arrangements for Shimla departure.

She entred the room with a sleeping Amu in her arms .
My gaze was following her every moment while I was on the call .
She laid Amu down on the bed and covered her with the duet kissing her forehead .

Rahul I need everything ready by 11 am tomorrow...I instructed my PA and cut the call .
She was sitting on the bed dressed in a yellow saree looking beautiful as always but I guess she has become more attractive after marriage.

She didn't looked up at me and was just staring at the floor with a sullen face .
My stomach growled and I realised that I skipped dinner.

I am hungry!!! I announced and she glared at me as soon as the words left my mouth .
What ??? I asked looking at her with a frown .

When Akshita asked you to join you didn't and know after an hour only you are hungry ....she snapped at me making me angry .

Don't you dare to use that tone with me . I have warned you before too about the same. I will eat whenever I will want to ...I said gritting my teeth and she looked away immediately.

I left the room and sauntered downstairs to the kitchen to eat something.
The staff has retired for the day so I need to do it myself only.

I was looking around for the food when she entred the kitchen and opened the fridge taking out the curry and other dishes.

She checked the hot case but it was empty .
She then took out the flour and proceeded to knead the dough . She was silently doing everything and I sighed .

I shouldn't have shouted on her but she didn't have to talk like that with me she knows that I don't like it .

I back hugged her but she didn't said anything just continued doing her work.
Why did you talk to me like that ?? I asked ,nuzzling into her neck but she ignored me.

Don't make anything for me . I won't eat it now ...I said backing off .
She held my hand as I was about to exit the kitchen and I smiled internally knowing that this trick will surely work.
Khana kha lijiye.....She said.

Answer my question then ...I said and she huffed looking at me .
It was my first time that I made food as a newly married as per the custom .
I prepared everything of your choice but you just straight away denied having food and left to the room. I felt hurt .

I am not able to understand you .... sometimes I feel like we are coming close but the next moment you push me away with your actions....she said with moist eyes .

Everyone praised the food but the one for whom I prepared everything didn't even bother to atleast taste it .....She continued.
Now I understood where all these was coming from .

My God , how will she manage with me if she gets hurt at such pity things ....I thought.
I have already tasted food made by you and it was good .

Beside that  don't get hurt at every other thing . You will make things difficult for yourself like this .
For today , I didn't know it was that important.

I am letting you know things from now only because It might be not possible for me to be this patient always and I don't want you to be on the recieving end when I get angry .....I said and she just nodded not looking at me .

I know she didn't liked what I said but she needs to understand how I function.
If she will take everything to heart , she won't be able to survive with me .

She made a plate for me and gestured me to take a seat .
I sat down and started to have the food and everything was my favourite as she told .

She served me hot chapaties and I really enjoyed the food .
She cleaned the counter top and was about to do the dishes but I asked her to let them be . The staff will take care of it in the morning.
I don't mind doing it....she said opening the tap .

But I do ....I said closing it the very next moment.
Come now ....I said and grabbed her hand taking her to the room .
I laid on the bed beside Amu while she left to change her clothes.
I kissed Amu's cheek and she growned a little in her sleep making me chuckle.
I repeated it again and she frowned cutely in her sleep .

I know if she would be awake and I would have disturbed her like that ....she will be screaming by now irritated at me .

I couldn't help but kiss her chubby cheek again and this time she made a pout with her little pink lips making me laugh .
She is such a drama queen in sleep too , every time making new faces .

Don't disturb her .....I heard Sandhya say as She laid on the other side of Amu .
I won't because now I have someone else to disturb....I said and she looked at me for a moment before diverting her gaze back to Amu .

What happened now ??? I asked looking at her face .
Nothing....I am just missing my home .....she said.
This is your home now ..I stated .
But it doesn't feel like one .....she whispered .

P.s-
Enjoy the Double update lovely readers.
Will be on a break for 2 days .
😁😁😁
Enjoy reading....