Couldn't love her more than he possibly could. . .

Skye was completely and hopelessly lost.He was surrounded by the soldiers and the troops on the other side.Where was everyone?He hoped to god they would be alive.Especially Melody. . .He narrowly avoided a random soldiers knife cutting straight into his neck.
"The little traitorous kid come to die."
"Aw shut the fuck up I've got more important things to worry about."
Skye grabbed his knife and wedged it into the man's head.He turned and placed his hands behind his head and walked off,whistling.He ducked and weaved through the crowds.He caught a glimpse of the other Goddess' fighting the soldiers,
'Why are they not using their power?'

Skye wandered away,searching the fields and damage.He tripped over a few pieces of metal,nearly stepping on some dead bodies of the children who fought with Rosie.
'Poor kids.At least they knew what they were fighting for.'
Skye was so engrossed in finding his friends that he didn't see his father creeping behind him,gun pointed,arm stump bleeding and quivering.Fletcher pressed the trigger,and the bullet went whizzing straight to Skye's head.He turned in the nick of time to see a flash of purple and red and then he saw Melody standing in front of him protectively,microphone in hand and the bullet cut in half.
"Melody!?"
"Don't move so suddenly."
She said firmly.He did as he was told,knees digging into the dirt.

Fletcher took in a deep breath.
"When the hell will you take 'no' as an answer!?You insufferable little-"
"I'm an insufferable bitch I know.But it's not my fault your pissy because you can't take me down.I'm afraid I can't let you take another step towards him.Skye has my protection and I trust him."
Skye gasped,his vision blurred as his eyes teared up.She trusted him. . .Fletcher laughed boisterously,
"You trust that disappointing pig!?Your so naive!"
"Naive maybe.Stupid yes.But Skye is no pig.If he's a pig than your trash.Dirt.Something to be trodden on or swatted away to be forgotten for."
"You Freyon's will never understand how badly I want you gone.I would've given Morrigan the whole world if she had stayed with me. . ."

"You get my mother's pretty name outta your mouth!You don't deserve her. . ."
Skye was speechless.Morrigan had been with Fletcher?In what universe!?Fletcher just laughed again,making Melody clench her fist tighter around the microphone.
"I hope you have your doctor on hand cuz' I'm about to break you like glass."
She whispered dangerously.Fletcher backed away into the crowds,disappearing amongst thousands of people.
"Come and find me then."
Melody was immediately wafted him but was pulled back by Skye.He held her arm tightly,but not to hurt her.
"Skye?W-what are you-he's going to hurt someone else and I can't let that happen!"
"He's hurt thousands.Millions every second of his life Mel's. . .I wouldn't put my mind on it too much.Will you please hear me out?"
Melody froze,what if Fletcher was after Akiya?Henry or even her mother!?

She took a deep breath in,and out.They'd be just. . .fine.She nodded,
"Go ahead."
Skye held her hand,his heart pounding.
"Y-you. . .you wanna know something?You always worry about so many other people but then you forget about who you have to worry about the most.And that would be yourself. . .in the end,it's still the you you need to actually worry about.For five years you've gotta be in some sort of pain,physically or mentally.You need to know that some people are stronger than you,you don't need to put yourself out there for them. . .you don't need to prove yourself constantly,your enough!When will you realise your enough?Enough for everyone and complete to me?"
Melody was stumped completely,she had no idea what he was saying.
"I want you to understand your enough for everyone.Your not just somebody's shield either,your someone who is loved and respected.I need you to survive this because-I need you to know how much I love you Melody."

She stood there,transfixed on the boy in front of her,the boy who loved her so much for no reason.A boy who wanted to protect her instead of her protecting him for once.
"I want to protect you even if I die doing it in this war or even after we survive!I don't care how powerful you are or how long you can live for,I just. . .really,really,really love you.So much,so much I possibly couldn't love you more than I already do."
Skye turned away,pink in the face.Melody was silent,surprised but silent.She felt like she had been testing Skye for the few months they had spent together,a test for courage and determination.And by God he had most definitely passed.