Fletcher's Masquerade ball!(for real this time😅)

"Yeah no.Sign me off coach,I don't wanna play anymore."
Henry said ominously,Melody turned to him,raising her eyebrows,
"Don't chicken out.You agreed to this.Calm down,it'll be just fine."
"Oh yes,we're infiltrating a ballroom to disarm a bomb that might kill a bunch of nobles we're gunna be just fine Melody won't we?"
Henry said sarcastically.It was finally time,the four of them stood in front of the building,dolled up and ready to try not to die painfully.

Gabriel smiled nervously,
"So Melody?What was that ace you had up your sleeve so that we wouldn't get caught?"
Melody turned to him,smiled and held her arm out and on it was an ace of spades,literally.The card shook and flew off her arm,turning into a musical note and floated to the building.It shook once more and exploded and a strange mist showered over the building.
"Ta-da~a masking spell!We'll be hidden just the tiniest bit and I suggest doing something about that sword Akiya."
Akiya looked down at her sword longingly,but then scurried away,coming back empty handed.
"I'll know where it is when I need it."
"Ok,let's do this."
Melody said seriously.

They stepped forward,walking into the arched doorway,looking up into the high ceilings of the room.Along the walls were stained glass windows with whimsical patterns of gold and silver.The linoleum floors were coated with a brown sheen with colourful patterns from the giant chandeliers on the roof.Crowds of properly dressed men and women swept the area,chatting briskly in tailcoats almost spun in gold.Walking in a single file,hand in hand,Melody led them through the crowds into a secluded corner.
"Now,whatever you do,it's important not to panic if you think your being caught and don't immediately resort to violence."
Melody whispered.Henry nodded,grabbing Gabriel's hand,
"Let's go find a bomb then."

Gabriel nodded,and they walked back into the crowds.Akiya looked around,left and right before disappearing into the crowd as well.Tobias and Poppy appeared beside Melody's ankles,rolling around.Melody quickly knelt down,
"Ok guys,can you not suspiciously find the bomb we're looking for?Like,check the rafters and any strange cables under the ground and building."
The jars rattled and rolled before rolling away.Melody set off herself to find any sort of lead,she ignored any people that whispered in shock as she walked past them hastily.

"Excuse me?Your the daughter of Morrigan aren't you?"
'Aw shit.'
Melody thought,she turned around,facing the voice that called to her.A boy stood in front of her,he looked close to her age,dressed in a normal standard black suit.He had blonde hair much like Henry's except it looked like lemon.Melody narrowed her eyes at the familiar face and her eyes darted to the boy's cuff on his sleeve and noticed the unmistakable Fletcher army crest.Melody stood there,in a state of cold shock,Fletcher had an offspring!?

Her shock was quickly set aflame by her burning rage,she wanted so badly to snuff this boy out and end a possible inheritance of leadership.Melody's eyes felt burned and her world turned the same ugly grey colour,the boy raised his eyebrows,smiling spitefully,
"My name is Skye Fletcher Melody,I must say that I am simply honoured to meet my mortal enemy right here tonight."
"Shut up!You weren't supposed to see me."
Skye folded his arms,
"Oh you mean you and your group?Yeah I know they're here.Your spell isn't that strong is it now?"
Melody felt a tug of panic in her chest.She had to find this bomb quickly!

She looked around and saw two of the bouncers eyeing her suspiciously,they slowly started to leave their positions,stepping toward her.
'Those are soldiers!Can't look bad.What do I do!?If I just left this kid it would make me look sleazy as hell!Goddammit!'
Melody's thoughts ran circles into her brain,she kept mentally rambling until she looked at Skye,who had his hand reached out to her.
"Oh you can't be serious."
Skye narrowed his eyes,still smiling,
"Shall we dance darling?"

Melody's greying vision deepened into vexed emotions of anger,annoyance,flushed humiliation and. . .flustered?No way.Melody could feel her stomach tying knots,making her feel sick with anxiety.But anything to make her look normal,so very begrudgingly and internally hating herself,she timidly reached out and took his gloved hand,
"You fucking parasite to my blood."
Melody whispered,humiliated beyond belief.That same dumb smile never left as he walked her,hand in hand to the ballroom floor.They stood together in the middle of the crowds,blending in much to Melody's relief.She could feel her heart pounding rapidly,the world around her flashed grey to the blindingly bright room and grey once again.