Henry and Gabriel's promise!Fletcher's masquerade ball!

Bright sunlight awoke Henry the next morning.The first thing he knew was that he had a splitting headache,serves him right.He remembered walking in the streets,hearing a shout and then a fire.He quickly jumped out of bed and saw Melody and Akiya standing at Gabriel's bed.He heard them talking with one another in hushed voices.
"We're lucky the ball is a week away."
"Gabriel's lucky his power can heal his body."
Akiya said,sighing.

They turned as Henry approached them,
"I'm never touching a bottle of rum for as long I live.I can't believe I did this."
Melody raised her eyebrows,
"Ok mister,good afternoon to you to and listen here,Gabriel's fine.He patched himself up when we came to save your butts.He's just in pain.That's all.But yeah,you gotta fix your alcohol issues.I'm gonna go down to the markets,you want something for the hangover?"
Speaking of.Henry quickly rushed to the bathroom,and in a cold rush of sweat,emptied his stomach and threw up.
"I think you should get him something."
Akiya said sarcastically.Melody nodded.They were leaving with Poppy and Tobias as Henry finally left the bathroom.

But Poppy rolled over to her son,lifted herself up and bonked his head with the glass.
"Gee thanks mom."
Henry mumbled,rubbing his throbbing head.Once the other four left,Henry walked to Gabriel's bed,crouching next to him.His arms,legs and torso were bandaged but bruised.Henry could smell a slight ashy scent.His stomach was knotted with guilt.He walked to the small kitchen and drank some sugary tea to get rid of the bitter taste of throw up.He quickly turned as he heard Gabriel waking up and ran over to him.
"Hey!You ok?I'm. . .so sorry that I got myself drunk like that."
Henry said,his voice shaking.Even in his half asleep and crumpled state,he turned and smiled gently at him.

Reaching out,Gabriel slowly pat the other boy's dirty blonde hair.
"I'm not mad.Don't worry about it."
Gabriel said in a raspy voice.Henry hiccuped and his tears fell down his cheeks,leaving a red trail.Gabriel reached up,wiping the acid away,Henry held Gabriel's arm,closing his eyes and smiling.
"I'm happy your ok.But. . .who was that kid we saw?"
"Couldn't. . .tell you."
Gabriel said warily.He slowly sat up,wincing at the pain.He wheezed slightly,holding his stomach.Henry timidly sat down next to him,holding his chest as his heart started to beat against his rib cage.He heard Gabriel sighing,and then felt his hand on top of his gloved hand.He flinched and looked down,Gabriel's hand was holding his own.

Henry's cheeks and ears were dusted with a slight red,his stomach would flip inside out.He slowly turned to Gabriel,who turned back to him,smiling casually.
"Something wrong?"
"NOPE!"
"Really?"
"ABSOLUTELY ONE HUNDO PERCENT!"
"Your tomato face says differently,is there something you have to tell me?"
Henry looked down,he wasn't used to affection.Don't get me wrong of course he was.He wasn't used to affection from anyone he. . .was in. . .love with.Oops did I just say that?YES I DID.(writer's note:If you didn't read the about the character's chapter,Henry is canonically gay,he just doesn't talk about it) but it's bout' time to reveal a secret.Henry weathers has feelings for Gabriel.

Not just for looks or anything.But Gabriel was a kind soul.He was patient and determined to end the war with Melody.And Gabriel had saved Henry's life like. . .twice now.But there were times when he had doubted himself,what if Gabriel wouldn't accept him?He had received plenty of slander for liking boys and he didn't need anymore.But he felt the urge to tell someone.Henry hadn't told Melody yet,and he had known her for almost three months.Time passes when you kill a bunch of people eheheh.

Henry inhaled deeply and turned to Gabriel again,
"I. . .want to tell you something Gabriel.But right now. . .can you kinda keep it between. . .just us?"
Henry whispered.Gabriel tilted his head but nodded,beaming with that perfect smile.
"Of course!What's up?"
Gabriel shuffled closer to listen.He gulped and sighed,
"I consider you a very close friend to me.We're in the middle of a war I know,but I don't want to just. . .keep everything from you and the others.But. . .I um. . .this is a lot harder than I thought."
Henry said awkwardly,he could feel his chest tightening up in anxiety.But Gabriel was patient.He smiled again,
"Take your time Henry."