The start of the end!

The family portrait hung high and looming over the small child who stood in front of it,admiring the people delicately painted onto the yellow canvas,each brush stroke captivating her closer and closer.Painted onto the material was herself,her father and mother and her five older brothers.Each brush stroke swirling into the shapes to create the figures.

Her Mother stood high and mighty,her beauty shining through her radiant,reassuring smile.Her father had one hand on his wife's shoulder and the other by his side,his kind eyes staring through the painting.The now ten year old reached out,brushing her hand across the painting.She had always admired the portrait,for ten years of her life,little did she know that in just ten slow minutes,her life would change entirely.

"Did you hear!?The girl is the heir to the next leader of the above!"
"Pshhh!Do you really believe in the oh so powerful Goddess's of the above?"
"Wouldn't she feel pressured?"
"I hear the Goddess of creation has an heir next in line!Where is she?"
.

."It's all a load of bullshit."

.
Melody wouldn't forget those booming,thunderous words before her world turned up side down.Let's rewind to just ten fateful minutes ago. . .
"Melody!C'mon!We're ready for you!"
Melody turned from the painting,smiling when she saw one of her older brothers jogging up to her,
"C'mon sis!Lets go."
"Kay Rico!"
Rico took his sister's hand and swiftly led her to the dining room.Her father smiled proudly at her,as did her brothers.

"Mom won't be here again,will she Papa?"
Melody's father smiled sadly,
"No she won't Melody,you know your mother,she's busy again.But she says happy birthday and that she's so very proud of you for turning your first double digits.Come over here,let's eat and then we'll give you your gift."
Melody nodded,moving her purple hair behind her ears as she crawled onto the chair next to Chester.He smiled brightly and ruffled her hair.

"Big day today Mel!Nervous?"
Melody shrugged,smiling giddily,
"I'll serve and protect Redvill!I swear on it."
Spencer chucked,
"That's something big for your age Melody,why so?"
"Because,everyone here in this country and around the world deserves happiness,salvation and freedom.I'm next in line,I'll be the very best!"
The family rejoiced in their foolish happiness until a low rumble shook the ground and the furniture.

Antiques and other furniture pieces wobbled and smashed,Melody's father stood up,his frown increasing when he heard screams and shouting,gun fire and the smell of burning fuel outside.He turned to his spouses,
"Boys!Hide Melody!He's here. . ."
Melody's confused frown turned frantic as Ezekiel lifted her into his arms and rushed off with the others,
"Ezekiel?Whats happening?"
"Not now sis!We gotta hide you!You've come of age.Your not safe!"
Brook said urgently,looking behind him,
"Shit!How did we not suspect this coming!"

"I dunno!Maybe cuz Mel's is the only female spouse that Mom and Dad have!"
Spencer shouted sarcastically.He said something else but was cut off as an earth shattering crash thundered and tore the low sounding crashing outside.Daylight broke into the house as the room shook,several missiles were fired into the room,foul smelling smoke enveloped the area.The lights shut off and the windows were blown to glitter fragments and glass pieces.

"Brook!Spencer!Ezekiel!Chester!Rico!Are you guys ok!?"
Melody screamed into the darkness,she sighed in relief as she heard pained groans and muttered swear words as her brothers staggered to their feet.
"M-Melody!Come to me!"
Rico said weakly,Melody stumbled forward,slightly staggering from the dizzy,shattering headache she was having.She turned as she heard shuffling footsteps,as they got closer,she could hear voices.