Comfort for now!

Akiya was awake before the rest,she sat up,stretching in her sleeping bag.To her left is Henry,and to her right is Melody.She stood up and looked around at the other kids snoozing quietly,Melody had stayed up late telling stories to the group,so they had all fell asleep in their makeshift hidey hole.She walked out,hoping not to disturb the peace,the sun wasn't up yet but it wasn't completely dark.

Her bear feet stepped on the paving,walking past debris that couldn't be rebuilt.Her eye caught a very climable tree standing near the town entrance.Walking over to the trunk,she manoeuvred herself up the wood,kicking down small twigs and leaves as she climbed higher and higher.At last in the dimmed early morning darkness,she hoisted herself up onto one of the branches.She could almost see the entire small village that hadn't been touched during the brawl.She yawned,blinking sleepily.Looking up at the fading stars,she frowned thoughtfully,
"How's the above Aunt Avah?"

Three short hours later:
"The hell you slacking off for!?I know I'm the cause for your temporary homelessness but this is your town.Don'cha wanna comfy home to live peacefully?"
Melody was like a drill sergeant,at least she wasn't as scary as Fletcher.She worked twice as hard as everyone else,lifting a lot more than her body would allow her to while at the same time,protecting and keeping the kids out of trouble.Someone suddenly screamed as a loud FWOOSH sounded,everyone turned,but it was just Gabriel.

He was covered and smudged in soot,standing over a small hay-bail that was set aflame and smelling of charcoal.Two small children were held out of harm's way by a wavy flame,holding them above Gabriel's head.The twins giggled as the flame held them tighter,
"JASPER!?ALICE!?"
A woman ran to the scene,shouting for her son and daughter.But the kids were quick to reassure their mother,
"Don't worry mama!"
"The fire tickles!"
Gabriel swept his hand as the flame went out,catching both kids,and placing them in front of the woman,who let out an immense sigh of relief,
"Sorry about the mess guys!I'll clean this up-"

Gabriel was cut off as he was suddenly hosed top to bottom with water.He stood there,shivering and cold.
"MELODY!"
Gabriel scowled as Melody guiltily held up a dripping hose,she stuttered and looked around before shrugging and dropping it.
"No justification for my actions!Sorry!Lost control.At least you ain't covered in soot."
Gabriel folded his arms,laughing sarcastically,
"Getting hosed down for me isn't exactly a pro Melody. . .I'm going to get changed. . ."
Gabriel sighed and turned away,trudging back to one of the only stable buildings still standing,all the surviving resources and clothes were in the building.

Gabriel dried himself,changed and hung his clothes in the drying rack one of the women had set up inside.He flinched as he heard a quiet knock and turned around too quickly to see the door opening.It was Henry.He waved silently as he stepped in,closing the door behind him,Gabriel smiled.
"Hey,what's going on?Sick of patching up the wounded?"
Henry shook his head,
"I don't mind.I just thought that we. . .needed to talk.Got a minute?"
Gabriel nodded,hanging his towel up on the indoor line.He turned back to Henry,sitting down on a bed.Henry hesitated,now that he was standing in front of him,this was a lot harder than he thought it was.He looked around,trying to look at literally anything but Gabriel.

At last,he breathed in deeply,and turned back to Gabriel,
"So.I won't sugarcoat this or stall or anything like that. . .I'm doing it right now aren't I?"
Gabriel nodded,but he smiled,he was patient.Henry folded his arms,
"I love you and I'd be more than happy if we could be what Papa calls it. . .an item?But I don't think that's the best idea.And it's not because we're in the middle of a war,but it's because of what the war will do to us.There's the chance we'll die.It could happen tomorrow or today."
Henry paused,and was slightly regretting this idea.But he continued.

"What I'm saying is that even we convince ourselves over and over we'll be prepared to face that,I sure as hell won't be.But I don't want to just call this without your opinion because your acknowledgment is just as important to me than my own idea.So. . .if your not going to completely hate me for asking you of this even though I confessed first-"
"I understand Henry."
Gabriel stood up and smiled,placing his hand on his heart,
"I understand where your coming from.But my feelings won't change,if we're in a relationship or not doesn't matter to me.I'll still love you for just about ever."