Melody makes a comeback!

One week and two.Whatever this was it was seriously effecting Melody terribly.Gabriel visited her often and came back with the same reports;she wanted to be left alone. . .strangely.It was quite weird for Melody to act so coldly to them.
"Maybe she's just getting over it?"
Henry would say.Gabriel would shake his head and Baxter would cross his arms.To the present day it was Akiya's turn to go and see Melody.And so,dressed in a cropped t-shirt and shorts,she picked up her bag and walked out of the room they had bought.

She walked past the same people she saw everyday and quickly found the hospitality centre,walking inside.
"Name?"
The man behind the counter said quietly,his hands ready on the typewriter,
"Akiya."
"Who are you seeing today Akiya?"
"Melody Frayon sir."
"Proceed,she still hasn't moved."
Feeling slightly discouraged by the news,Akiya sighed and walked down the halls and found Melody's room.She opened the door,her eyes tearing up when she saw her leader laying on the bare white sheets,her breath becoming more hitched with worry.
"Melody. . .what do we do?"
.

.

.
Henry sighed,flopping himself down onto the bed.Gabriel laid down next to him,on his side.
"What's up doc?"
"The roof?Wheres Baxter?"
Henry asked tiredly,
"He went shopping,probably for his fifth inhaler."
Gabriel said jokingly,chuckling dryly.Henry smiled,turning to face Gabriel fully.After a few minutes of awkward silence,Henry whistled a tune and then asked,
"Are you ok?"
Gabriel laughed,and closed his eyes before opening them again,
"To be honest.No,our leader's in a mystery coma,Skye's pissed off back to his dad and I'm a little worried.Things aren't looking up for us right now."

Henry leaned in and kissed Gabriel's forehead,holding him tightly,
"Things will get better,we'll win this.If Fletcher shows up,we'll show him what we can do without Melody."
Gabriel nodded and sat up,hugging his knees.He frowned thoughtfully and turned to Henry,
"Besides the shit and shabang,I've been sort of thinking a little."
Henry sat up as well,sitting next to Gabriel,
"I'm listening?"
Gabriel turned away and frowned again,he looked back at Henry and hesitated before holding his gloved hand,
"What if. . .we actually tried being. . .what was it your dad called it?An item?"
.

.

.
"The ship it swayed heave ho heave ho,on the dark and stormy blue.And I held tight to the captain's might,as he pulled up his trews."

"You haven't slept heave ho he said,in many suns and moons.Oh I will sleep when we reach shore and prey we get there soon."

"He said now hush love,here's your gown,there's the bed,lanterns down.But I don't want to go to sleep,in all my dreams I drown."

Akiya couldn't remember the rest of the song,a small one she heard from another universe.It was a song called 'In all my dreams I drown'.But as long as she could keep Melody occupied,it was better then nothing.She turned as the door creaked open and Henry walked in quietly,holding a bouquet of flowers.He smiled when he saw Akiya and placed a hand on her shoulder,
"You can go now,I'll take care of this now."
Akiya nodded and squeezed his shoulder as she left,closing the door behind her.Henry switched the dying flowers,placing the fresh ones in.

He sat down in the chair,next to her bed.He had no idea what to say,
"Say it from your gut sweetheart."
His mother would say.Henry inhaled deeply and placed his hands on his knees,
"Hey there Mel's,can you believe it's almost Oc-tober?Apparently that's what they call it in another universe.It means it's almost the end of the year!Thats kinda exciting!Not for you maybe. . .we met up with one of your older friends,a guy named Baxter?You'd probably jump for joy if you saw him.Speaking of which,now that I actually sit here next to you,I miss you. . .a lot actually!My parents are dead and you're not exactly yourself right now so that's just fucked!Skye was with us for awhile but then he ditched us."