Five years later!Introducing the best of the best!

"Heya!I'm Melody!Fifteen years old and the daughter of the Goddess of music!I'm sure your well aware of the shitty circumstances we're in right now,and I'm looking for some promising folks who wanna help me take down Fletcher!Ya with me sport?"
The front toothless seven year old raised his eye brows and frowned skeptically,
"My mommy says your outta your mind lady.She says you gunna die a fool's death."
"Oh did she now?Well I think your mommy is full of shit little guy!Don't you hate the bad guys anyway?"

"Uuuhhhhhh-"
"Never mind.How's your dad?"
The boy looked down,sniffling slightly,
"They took my daddy away last week,I. . .I secretly hoped you'd show up,but you didn't."
Melody sat down next to the boy,looking up at the cloudless sky,
"I'm real sorry kid.I've sworn to protect and avenge,I'm no where near ready am I?"
"Uh Uh.Hey lady?"
Melody turned back to the boy,he looked at her with confused eyes,
"Why are you helping us?Everyone here kinda thinks your stupid."

Melody laughed and sighed,she had built up a somewhat silly reputation for herself by saying she'd take down Fletcher,and by now majority of the dying country had given in to his rule.Melody sure as hell hasn't.By now she was a 'criminally wanted child for insubordination'.She even had her own wanted poster.She was disappointed when she found out she wasn't worth that much though.

"You know by now,I'd thought I would have a group but here I am,recruiting seven year olds who don't know their left from the right."
"SHUT UP DUMMY I KNOW THEM!"
The boy shouted defensively.Melody rolled over and laughed as the boy 'attacked' her with his fists.The people walking around them tsked at Melody and rolled their eyes.Melody brushed off the negative energy and stood up stretching,
"Say kid?You hungry?Where's your mom?"
"She's out of town shopping for vegetables."
"Ha!Your Mom has better things to worry about than a missing turnip."

The boy stood up,scowling at Melody's rudeness,
"Shush lady!At least my mommy is safe from the bad guys!"
"Sure sure kid.C'mon!I'll buy you a burger,let's go."
"I'm not stupid!Your a stranger lady!"
Melody chucked,he had a point.But nonetheless he walked with her,kicking stones with his dirty bare feet and his arms swaying beside his body.

As the two approached the burger joint,a crackling buzz echoed through the numerous speakers placed around the square,a deep,mean voice spoke through the crowd that was all too recognisable,
"People of this small,peasant community,this is Anthrolus Fletcher speaking.We have received traces of a bounty in your hands,stay calm,one of my squadrons have come to eradicate her."
"Oh that's cute."
Melody said mockingly,snickering at the cringy words she was hearing.She grinned as she saw people scattering to their houses and locking their doors.The boy clung onto Melody's arm and whimpered,
"Seriously kid where's your mother!?The shitron will be here soon!"

"I-I dunno!Help me please!Oh crap!Their here!"
Melody turned,worried anger written on her face.About thirty or forty red laser beams were pointed at the boy's face,she sighed and stood in front of the boy protectively,
"You assholes have some serious balls ganging up on a little kid,eyes on me!Over here!"
All forty lasers pointed at Melody's face after her snarky remark,clearly the soldiers were annoyed and had had enough of her.
"Stop right there Melody,daughter of Morrigan.Your a dangerous criminal responsible for-"

"Don't waste your breath,you haven't been able to catch me for five straight years.I don't plan on being caught either,so don't hold your breath."
"Enough of this!Seize that purple headed bitch already!I'm sick of her voice!"
The captain called out,the crowd rushed over to her.Sure these men were trained,well kept for,stupidly strong and fast.But just not fast enough.
"Catch me if you can!"
Melody picked the boy up and jumped,onto the rooftops and sprinted across the buildings.The boy screamed as the wind rushed by his face,covering his ears as the bullets whizzed past by an inch.