Henry's confession!Going down in history!

(This song is relevant to the chapter,that's all🤩🤩🎸🎸)
.
.
.
"I love you."
Gabriel stopped talking,staring at Henry.Henry's black and white eyes stared at his,flustered desperation filling them.Gabriel looked down,opened his mouth,closed it and then smiled,laughing as he looked back at Henry,
"You beat me to it!Just by a little though."
Henry went numb,standing there as the rain continued to pour down on them.Did he hear him correctly?
"You. . ."
"Je taime Henry,I love you."
Henry couldn't think,he forgot about the war,about Fletcher,his pain and insecurities.He reached out and hugged Gabriel,his friends made him happy,but a moment like this made him feel overwhelmed with happiness.

The familiar sting ran down his eyes as he started to cry.Gabriel reciprocated the hug,clinging Henry tightly.As they pulled away from the warm embrace,Henry mumbled something quiet.
"Huh?Couldn't hear you?"
"H-how long have you u-um. . ."
Gabriel smiled brightly,
"Remember when you told me how you felt about boys?There was something endearing about you at that moment,it was kind of love at first sight on that day."
Two months.Henry's mind was shooting like a comet.He knew it would only be the nice thing to tell Gabriel how long he has felt.
"What you said. . .you saved me from those assholes and then I was. . .just. . ."

The rain slowed down once more before the afternoon sun started to set beneath the hills.He turned back to Gabriel as his hand was held once again,Henry dismissed the fact that Gabriel had the power to bend fire and possibly live on for generations if he wanted to,he'd protect Gabriel in this war,even after the war.
"Let's head back inside before we get sick."
Henry nodded but pulled him back as he felt a slight shiver around him.He looked up,something wasn't right,Gabriel's smile faded as he frowned.
"What's wrong?"
Henry didn't say anything but stood there.He could hear something faintly in the distance,something bad.As if to answer his hypothesis,a sudden CRASH and RUMBLE sounded as the building suddenly teetered and rocked to the side.In a panic,Gabriel accidentally set the wood aflame from the scare.

Henry saw this and looked around,his panic growing as the fire grew above them,the rain swept down onto the flame,but the rain wasn't strong enough to extinguish the flames.Henry could hear the people below panicking and he watched with slight relief as the crowd began to trickle out of the Tavern.Parents ran to their kids as another ear blasting crack banged through the smoke smelling air.Gabriel grabbed Henry's hand and held him tightly as he jumped over the bannister.
"The fire. . ."
Gabriel whispered in horror.The flames had caught onto a nearby tree,and onto it's neighbouring trees to.And in just one second,machine gun fire rattled to the buildings and hit the windows.

A few people collapsed,their bodies filled with lead.Children were screaming and crying as a large number of Fletcher soldiers suddenly came rushing through the streets,shouting orders and throwing people into the dirt.Henry's breathing began to get rapid with anxiety.He couldn't find Akiya or Melody anywhere,where were his parents as well!?Henry covered his ears as it all came back like a rushing dream,his parents screams of agony and terror and his sister's baby crying abruptly being cut off as she was shot in her small baby body.

His tears sizzled as they hit the dirt,creating red stains.He was suddenly picked up by one of the soldiers,his mind was filled with too much panic to think of melting the man that was dragging him away.He could see Gabriel shouting to him as he was dragged the opposite way.Apparently Henry must of thrown some sort of punch,all he remember from his dazed panic was a quick stinging pain to his jaw as he was socked across the mouth.He spat up blood,his black and white vision fading.

"Get your fucking hands off him. . .DEATH'S FLAME!"

Quiet.And then. . .FWOOSH!

An enormous,skin burning wind gusted through the area as a giant dragon shifting flame erupted from the mess.It roared ferociously at the man that took Henry,the man dropped the boy,sputtering in fear as the flame leered down and engulfed the solider ablaze.Henry backed away as the man began to scream and roll around,his skin melting off the bone.Gabriel clenched his fist,and the flames disappeared as the man died.Gabriel ran forward,catching Henry in his arms,
"Mon amour,Est ce que ça va?