Hailee

Summary : Hailee and [Y/N] used to grow up together, as neighbors. But when [Y/N] has move away with her parents, Hailee and her are separated. They never met again since the day [Y/N] left.

words count : 3,807

— not proofread

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
• 3rd POV •
FLASHBACK - 2002

[Y/N] and Hailee were neighbors. They were born the same year but [Y/N] was a little bit older since she was born in August. They went to the same school and were in the same class. They were inseparable. They were friends. Best friends.

"Hailee!" [Y/N] yelled from her garden to call her friend. The little girls planned this technique when they wanted to see each other outside of school times. The other neighbors were often annoyed by the screams of the two girls but both Hailee and [Y/N] loved to be the little troublemakers of the neighborhood. They weren't mean, they were just having fun on their own. They were two little girls enjoying life.

"[Y/N] !" The little brunette yelled back from her bedroom window. She could see [Y/N]'s backyard from there. She waved her hand at her friend, smiling and laughing.

"Wanna play hide and seek?" [Y/N] suggested with a mischievous grin, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Hailee's face lit up with delight. "Yes! That's my favorite!"

With a shared giggle, the girls quickly agreed on the rules and designated who would be the seeker first. Hailee volunteered to seek, her eyes narrowing playfully as she counted to ten while [Y/N] scampered off to find the perfect hiding spot.

As Hailee reached the final count, she closed her eyes tightly and began her search, her heart racing with anticipation. The air was filled with the scent of freshly cut grass and the sound of birds chirping in the distance.

Meanwhile, [Y/N] dashed behind bushes, peeking around corners and ducking behind trees in her quest to evade her friend. The leaves rustled beneath her feet as she moved, her pulse quickening with each step.

Finally, after a flurry of near misses and close calls, Hailee spotted [Y/N] crouched behind the rose bushes, her laughter bubbling up uncontrollably.

"I found you!" Hailee exclaimed triumphantly, tagging her friend with a playful tap on the shoulder before jumping on her and two girls fell on the grass, laughing loudly.

[Y/N] grinned, her cheeks flushed with excitement. "You got me! Okay, my turn to seek now!"

[Y/N] and Hailee lay down on the grass in Hailee's backyard. Paris, Hailee's adorable golden retriever puppy, bounded around them, her tail wagging enthusiastically as she chased after butterflies.

"Isn't this just perfect?" Hailee sighed contentedly, her gaze drifting upwards to the shifting clouds in the blue sky.

[Y/N] nodded in agreement, a soft smile playing on her lips. "It's moments like these that make everything feel right in the world."

The two friends lay side by side, their fingers entwined as they watched the clouds dance in the breeze. Paris plopped down beside them, her warm fur pressing against their legs as she nuzzled for attention.

"I can imagine myself up there," Hailee mused dreamily, her eyes tracing the fluffy shapes above. "Performing on stage, singing my heart out to thousands of adoring fans."