"You're my Flashlight."

summary: hailee has to leave for tour but little y/n is opposed to it.

a/n: my french ass is speaking in this one (more particularly when it's about food)

words count: 3,124

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵
no one's pov

November 2019. Hailee was still 22 while Y/N was 6. They both lived together and were never really separated more than 3 days in a row but it was time for Hailee to 'reward' in some ways her work. She planned a whole tour in Europe because they are always the unlucky ones. The brunette planned concerts for a month, traveling from Paris to Amsterdam, going to Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Warsaw, Vienna, Sofia and many many more capitals from European countries.

The young woman was really hyped to travel again across the world but one thing scared her; her child. Her daughter. She couldn't bring her precious human with her for many logical reasons. Y/N was still young to cross the globe and she had school anyway. The scariest thing for Hailee was to tell her daughter that she has to leave for longer than before. It won't be 3 days. It will be actually about a month. 3 days were already hard for both of them but especially Y/N since she always needed her mom. She spent the days at her uncle's house, Griffin, or at her grandparents, Cheri and Peter.

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵
hailee's pov

I just picked up Y/N from school. It was 4:00pm when we came back home, her immediately running after the dogs in the backyard. How could I tell her that I will leave for a month and that she's not coming? I looked after her, sighing. I came back inside the house and grabbed a bowl of cereals to bring her to Y/N since she always eats a little something after school. Tradition that comes from France since I discovered that they all of them eat at 4pm, before eating dinner around 7 or 8pm. I think they call it 'le goûter'. Anyway. I brought her the bowl but since she was too busy doing nothing I put it on the table.

"Y/N! Your food is here!" I called her and she quickly ran towards me before sitting on one of the chair and ate her cereals. Just as obsessed as I am. I mean, cereals...

"Thank you momma!" She smiled, looking at me and grabbing some cereals in her little hand.

"Y/N..? Baby...?" I looked down, nervous as I was about to tell her.

"What is it mama?" Y/N answered with her mouth full of food.

"Hum.. I— I.. I will leave for about a month on another continent and... uh... you— you're not coming with me..."

"What?" Her eyes widened at what I just said.

"Momma will leave to sing for people.." I tried to explain as easily as I could.

"Why can't I come with you?"

"You— You can't because.. Uh.. Well.. First of all, you're too young and second of all, you have school, my love. You will stay at your uncle's but I promise it will be okay. Everything's gonna be fine, sweetie. We will call each other every day, I promise. It's only for a month, you'll see, time will pass fast." I lowered myself to reach her height and took her tiny hands in mine but she immediately removed them, already pouting and almost on the verge of tears.

"No." That was all she said before starting to sob.

"Baby... It's only for a month.." I held her in my arms.

"Y— You.. You can't... you can't leave, momma..." Y/N was nuzzling into me, holding as tight as she could to not let me leave.

"Y/N... Baby.." I grabbed her chin to make her look at me. "You'll be more than fine with your best uncle! And you'll see Dwight! Isn't he your best friend?" I kissed her cheek.