"Mom, dad, say hi to..." | PART 2

summary: Y/N officially and properly meets Hailee's parents when they invite her for dinner.

words count: 3,388

a/n: let me know what you think about it, it's always fun to read your comments <3

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
• 3rd POV •

      Y/N sat at her desk in the bustling school cafeteria, engrossed in her book. The hum of conversations and laughter surrounded her, creating a comforting background noise. Lost in the world of words, she didn't notice when someone gently tapped her shoulder.

Startled, she looked up to find Hailee standing there, a mischievous grin on her face. "Hey there, bookworm," Hailee teased.

Y/N couldn't help but smile, her heart fluttering at the sight of Hailee. "Hey," she replied, her voice soft.

Hailee leaned down, her lips brushing Y/N's ear as she spoke. "My parents want to have dinner with you tonight."

Y/N's eyes widened, and her heart skipped a beat. Dinner with Hailee's parents? She felt a mixture of excitement and nerves swirling within her.

"Tonight?" Y/N's voice cracked slightly, revealing her unease.

Hailee's grin softened into a warm smile, sensing Y/N's apprehension. She reached out, her fingers finding Y/N's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "Yeah, but don't worry. They're really cool, and they just want to meet the amazing person who's captured my attention."

Y/N's cheeks turned a shade of pink as Hailee's sweet words washed over her. She gave Hailee's hand a small squeeze in return. "I'm just... nervous, you know?"

Hailee's thumb brushed over the back of Y/N's hand soothingly. "I totally get it. But you have nothing to worry about. They're going to adore you, just like I do."

Y/N's nervousness began to ease, replaced by a sense of warmth and comfort emanating from Hailee's touch. She met Hailee's gaze, feeling a rush of affection for the girl who always seemed to know how to calm her worries.

"You're right," Y/N said, a small smile tugging at her lips. "I guess I'm just overthinking things."

Hailee chuckled softly, her thumb still tracing soothing patterns on Y/N's hand. "It's okay to be nervous. But remember, you're amazing just the way you are."

Y/N nodded, her heart swelling with gratitude for Hailee's reassurance. In this simple moment, surrounded by the sounds of the cafeteria and the soft touch of Hailee's hand, Y/N found solace and a renewed sense of confidence.

As the lunch period continued around them, Y/N realized that having dinner with Hailee's parents wasn't something to dread. It was a chance to create more memories, to build connections, and to share her own unique self with the people who meant the world to Hailee. And with Hailee's unwavering support, she felt ready to embrace whatever the evening might bring.

The afternoon sun cast a warm glow through Y/N's bedroom window, but the anxious knot in her stomach refused to loosen. Despite Hailee's reassuring words earlier, her thoughts kept circling back to the awkward moment when Hailee's parents had caught them making out. It was hard to shake off the embarrassment and fear of judgment.