Hurts like Hell | PART 1

summary: y/n and hailee had the best life that was possible until they slowly move away from each other and an unforgivable event follows.

words count: 2,501

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵
y/n's pov

   I headed to the Tonight Show, hosted by Jimmy Fallon himself as a special guest since my last movie, "Don't Worry Darling" (big up to flo <3) came out a few days ago. It was a huge bop, and it's still surreal that millions of people already watched it in the theaters.

"Her movie received a lot of good comments, it is the most watched movie in theaters in 2022 by far, she is an amazing actress and a breathtaking singer, ladies and gentlemen, welcome Y/N  L/N!"

   I sat down on the couch, in front of Jimmy's little office, a lot of applause in the public which made me smile like crazy. It was really something since it was my first time here. Hailee, my girlfriend, told me that it was completely normal to be stressed but she assured me that Jimmy was a sweet and kind guy and, she wasn't wrong. He's really nice and makes you easily comfortable.

"Hi everyone!" I waited for a second before speaking again. "It's so cool here!" I giggled just like a child, the stage was cool, the setup was cool, everything was cool.

"Y/N! It's so good to see you here, with all of us!" Jimmy exclaimed with a big smile too. "How is it going?"

"Thank you!" My dimples were showing as my smile only grew bigger. "It's going great. Really. It's still surreal to have a lot of recognition, a lot of success in such a short time because the movie came out in theaters like a week ago?" I chuckled as the crowd applauded. "So... yeah. It's great. It's sooo great!... And you, Jimmy? How is it going?"

"Well, you know, I receive big stars every day, so... It's always great. And... I watched your movie! I really enjoyed it. You're a talent for sure, Y/N." I tried to hide my embarrassing face, being all shy when it's about someone who compliments my work.

"Oh come on! I'm not a big star!" We both laughed.

"Huh. Huh. You are. You act and.. You sing! A fact that nobody will know except you..." He came closer to my ear as he whispered something "I sing your songs the morning when I'm showering."

"REALLY??" I said out loud, laughing my ass off. He replied with a nod, laughing too. "THAT'S AMAZING!" I clapped my hands before giving his shoulder a playful punch.

"Oh and... How's my girl?" He asked, a confusing look was drawing itself on my face. He made it clearer. "How's Hailee?"

"Oh! Well, first of all, she's not your girl, she's mine." I spoke the facts, the crowd going crazy once again which made me laugh. "And... She—" I paused, trying to remember when both Hailee and I asked each other how we were doing.. "She's great. I don't know if she's watching us right now but... Hi baby?" I said, all flustered.

"When you'll be back to her, please tell her that we can't wait to have her back here! It's been a long time since her last appearance in The Tonight Show!"

"I will, promise!"

"Speaking about Hailee, your girlfriend since—?"

"Since four years.. It will be five years this year."

"Congrats?" He smiled. I chuckled. "So, speaking about your girlfriend since four years, was it hard for her to watch you shooting those sexy scenes with your co-star, Harry Styles?"

I couldn't answer to that question since Hailee still didn't watch my movie... So I lied, again.

"It was really difficult for her since she's usually the one who controls almost everything. But she knows it was just for work, she may be the jealous type of person but she knows the difference between acting and real life."