Chapter 88 Twists and turns

The boy said cautiously: "There was news from the front yard that the Marquis had accepted a sachet. The matchmaker was also beaming and said that it was finally done. Thinking about it, the marriage should be done."

A thunderbolt struck Lu Ziyan on the head.

He widened his round eyes, never expecting that his uncle would agree to this.

He hurriedly put on his shoes and chased all the way to the gate of the Marquis Mansion. Ye Chongjin had just stepped onto the carriage and when he saw him chasing him out, he hurriedly urged: "Hurry up, go back to the house!"

The coachman hurriedly waved his whip and hurried away from the gate of the Marquis Mansion.

The way he couldn't avoid it confirmed Lu Ziyan's suspicion. He chased after the carriage and shouted: "Ye Chongjin, I am at odds with you!!"

Ye Chongjin caressed his chest and lifted the carriage curtain to see Lu Ziyan still chasing after the carriage and shouting. He felt helpless and distressed.

"Ziyan, Ziyan, if you want to blame, then blame your Uncle. I don't dare to offend him."

He glanced at the matchmaker and said, "Don't be too eager to be happy. This marriage has not been settled yet."

"What? But I just heard from the servants of the Marquis Mansion..."

Ye Chongjin took out a purple gold dagger from his sleeve. The handle of the dagger was inlaid with an emerald gem. He pulled out the scabbard. The blade shone with a cold light, showing its sharpness. This is an extremely precious sword.

He inserted the dagger back and sneered: "What kind of person is General Thunder? How can she use a sachet as a token? This is the token. The sachet was made by my embroiderer. The Marquis saw that the embroidery was exquisite, so I gave it to him as a gift."

"..."

The matchmaker's forehead twitched. It would be misleading to give him a sachet when he was acting as a matchmaker. But it was also true that if the Marquis wanted to agree, he would have agreed long ago. How could he have waited for so many years?

Ye Chongjin raised his lip and suddenly pressed the dagger against the matchmaker's neck. Although there was a sheath between them, the coldness of the blade seemed to penetrate the black iron until it reached the skin.

The matchmaker swallowed his saliva and said: "Young Master Ye, what is this, what is the meaning of this..."

Ye Chongjin said slowly: "I hope you will keep today's matter a secret. The reputation of General Thunder cannot be tarnished in the slightest. If the marriage was negotiated today, it would be natural to celebrate it. But now that it has not been negotiated, naturally it will be ignored. If you leak a word, I am afraid that the one hundred thousand soldiers of the Meng family's army will skin you alive."

"Naturally, naturally, I will keep my mouth shut and will not reveal a word even to my death."

Ye Chongjin put away the dagger. He closed his eyes and fell asleep. In this way, he also paid his dues.

========

In the General's Mansion, the bamboo garden was pleasantly airy, and the flute was playing.

Gu Xueyi was wearing a sky blue outfit, waving her long sword in harmony with the sound of the flute, her sword aura was overwhelming. After the song was over, she simply sheathed her sword, and fallen leaves were drifting all over her body.

Liu Jinyun sat in front of the stone table, and slowly put away the jade flute. He said: "The General's martial arts are becoming more and more exquisite."