Chapter 72 True and False Edict

The sun is setting in the west, the rays of light dyed half of the sky red, and the maple forest was coated with a layer of brilliant red.

Mo Huaixuan personally escorted Gu You out. The young man opened his arms, jumped up and down on the stone road, and said: "These red stones are so beautiful, as if there are flames moving. Doesn't it look like I'm walking on flames? As it says in the storybook, water and fire are invulnerable."

Mo Huaixuan looked at the young man's profile and smiled fondly. Gu You's face looked a lot like that of the late Imperial Concubine Li. It was a kind of passionate and aggressive beauty that seemed to be able to burn everything in an instant, but compared to Imperial Concubine Li's charm, he has a bit more youthful innocence.

Emperor Qingzong said it right, no one is more suitable for dark red than him.

A gust of breeze blew by, and the red brocade shirt floated in the wind, making his waist look more slender. Mo Huaixuan secretly thought that it would be better if the stone path was more slippery and You'er fell into his arms.

Gu You suddenly grabbed his sleeve and asked: "Brother Huaixuan, why hasn't Imperial Brother come back yet? People in the capital are saying that the war in the northern frontier is over, and Imperial Brother doesn't want to come back because he wants to support his troops and be dignified. What does it mean to support one's troops and conduct oneself with dignity? Why doesn't Imperial Brother come back?"

Mo Huaixuan twitched the corner of his mouth. In the past few years, these words might have caused His Majesty to retaliate, but now that His Majesty is ill, he may not be able to withstand this. The Crown Prince is the Crown Prince of the country and holds military power in his hands. His Majesty will only feel more at ease and there will be no time for suspicion.

The only person who would spread such ridiculous rumors is King Xian.

Gu Xian is really as stupid as ever, no matter how many counselors are given to him, it will not be enough.

He didn't answer but asked: "Do you think His Highness, the Crown Prince is a good person?"

Gu You nodded solemnly: "My Imperial Brother is the best person in the world!" When he is excited, he still stuttered a bit when he speaks and looks a bit clumsy and cute.

The best? The Young Master felt a little sad. He didn't know when but there are now many people in You'er's heart. He was not the only one in his eyes. He should be happy for him, but in fact, he only felt lost.

Mo Huaixuan gently rubbed his smooth and delicate cheeks and said slowly: "That's it. You'er just need to remember that His Highness, the Crown Prince is a good man. He saved hundreds of thousands of people on the border and is our hero in Daegu. Don't believe what others say."

Gu You nodded and said aggrievedly: "But You'er misses Imperial Brother..."

"Wait a little longer, it will be soon, but... the time has not come yet."

= =======

Only a moment after Gu You returned to the Palace, someone came to summon him, saying that His Majesty wanted to see King Xiaoyao.

Because the person who arrived was Eunuch Li Gui, who was with the Emperor, the servants in the Palace did not dare to delay. They hurriedly changed the young Prince's clothes and sent him to the carriage. He leaned against the wall of the carriage and asked, "Is Imperial Father feeling better? I haven't seen him for several days, is he still sick?"

Li Gui looked confused, sighed softly and said, "When King Xiaoyao enters the palace, you can see for yourself."

Gu You nodded and agreed. He found that entering the palace this time was different from usual. In the past, when he went to see his Imperial Father, he went directly to Qianzheng Palace from Qingwu Gate. However, this time he entered from the west side door, went around in a circle, and then went through the side door of Qianzheng Palace to go in.