Chapter 49 Monarch and ministers

Ye Chongjin's fingertips trembled. He hurriedly withdrew his hand but was held tightly by Gu Chen. The man raised a faint smile, with frightening persistence hidden in his dark eyes, and asked: "A-Jin is afraid?"

The child stared, bit his lip and said: "Why should I be afraid? Are you a fool? I'm not a noble person, who will do harm to me? There is no need for you to make yourself like this."

The man still smiled and said: "Gu is stupid, but if given the chance to do it again, gu will still make the same choice."

Ye Chongjin remained silent. Gu Chen is not a fool, he is a madman, even crazier than before.

Gu Chen patted the bed and said, "Come up here, gu want to get closer to A-Jin."

Ye Chongjin hesitated. He promised his father that he wouldn't stay too long, so he could only whisper: "Father is still waiting in the outer hall. It's getting late, I have to go back."

The young man on the bed suddenly stood up and stretched out his long arm. He wrapped his arms around the child's waist and took him directly to the bed. Ye Chongjin had no time to react and was already lying next to him. When he raised his eyes, he saw that the man's white clothes were already stained with a bright red.

He was shocked: "Your injury..."

Gu Chen just frowned slightly and said: "It doesn't matter, A-Jin is with gu so gu won't feel any pain."

This trick is very effective. Staring at the bleeding wound, he didn't dare to move at all. Even when he spoke, he slowed down his tone and said softly: "Do you want the Imperial Physician to take a look?"

After finally bringing the child to his side, Gu Chen was willing to let go. He kissed the child's temple and said, "Gu's body is not as precious as A-Jin's. There is no need to look left and right for this small injury. Just wait until later and have someone re-bandage it."

Ye Chongjin saw that his expression was as usual. He thought that martial arts practitioners should have better foundation than ordinary people so he stopped talking.

"That little white tiger was raised just for you. Naturally, it have to wait for you to give it a name."

Speaking of this matter, he was actually unwilling. In his previous life, A-Li raised a cat. That little thing was quite smart but it was too clingy. A-Li spent more time with that cat than with him. Now that the cat is gone, he has given a tiger as a gift. Isn't this self-abuse?

But during the autumn hunting last year, the image of the child looking at the big tiger, with sparkles in his eyes, always lingered in his mind. As soon as his mind stirred, he asked his father for the tiger cub.

No matter what, as long as it was the child's wish, he was willing to fulfill it for him.

Sure enough, Ye Chongjin was very happy when he heard that the little white tiger didn't have a name yet. He said, "Then I'll think about it carefully. Naming is a big deal, so we can't be careless." When he said this, he forgot that there was a parrot at home that he randomly gave a tacky name.

Gu Chen smiled and said: "Okay, A-Jin, think about it slowly."

While the two were talking, several palace maids quickly stepped into the palace. They saluted and bowed then said: "Your Highness, the Empress has arrived."

Most of the women in the palace are valued by their mothers, especially Empress Mu. Her father died young and her natal family relied on an incompetent brother to support them. Now they have been reduced to a second-rate family and they are not even ranked in the capital. Their natal family has no hope. She could only place her hopes for the rest of her life on her son.