Chapter 73 Return

Just as Ye Yanbai speculated, within a few days, the fact that Emperor Qingzong was seriously ill and dying could no longer be concealed. The undercurrent of the capital began to really fall into the struggle for the right to inherit the throne.

Because the Crown Prince had been away at war for many years, many people no longer took him seriously. Although the Empress is here, her only brother from her mother's family is not up to par. After so many years, he is still a lowly official and cannot help the Crown Prince at all.

King Ming's foundation in the court is not bad. At the age of fifteen years old, he had been observing government affairs for more than ten years now. He has the title of "eldest son". Among the six ministries, the Ministry of Rites and the Ministry of Officials are his people. Therefore, due to the illness of the Emperor, the call to change King Ming to be crown prince became more and more popular.

Fortunately, Ye Yanbai was pressing down in front, otherwise the volume of memorials would have caught Emperor Qingzong's eyes, and he would not have been angry to death.

He opened several volumes of memorials and glanced at them casually, saying nothing more. The Crown Prince "has no merits and virtues, only the bravery of a reckless man", and it is difficult to be the king of the country.

Ye Yanbai sneered. Although he didn't like Gu Chen either, but he didn't dare to say that His Highness "had only the courage of a reckless man".

Before the previous dynasty was established, the Central Plains was divided into ten kingdoms. Before these ten kingdoms became one country, the northern desert area was worried about the Northern Tartars. The three dynasties lasted for more than 600 years. Many generals wanted to pacify the north, but they all failed. Failed, defeated by the harsh weather in the north and the terrain that was like the creation of ghosts and gods. Even General Meng could only stay in Yong'an City, looking north and sighing.

The reason why Zhu Wei, the uncle of King Ming, was defeated in the war was not because he could not defeat the Tatars, but because he was self-righteous and blinded by victory. He went deep into the desert to pursue the enemy, leaving five thousand soldiers unable to return.

Countless bloody men were lost in that desert, and countless bones have been buried under the loess. In the past six hundred years, the only people who conquered it and escaped unscathed were the Northern Expedition Army led by His Highness, the Crown Prince.

In the past few years, some conscripts have come back from the northern frontier. They talked about the bravery of General Meng, the uncanny calculations of Commander Liu, and the heroic deeds of other generals. They all talked eloquently and endlessly, but when it came to His Highness, the Crown Prince, they revealed their emotions. With a look of awe and fear, they did not dare to say anything other than: Following His Highness, the Crown Prince is a blessing in this life.

How could such a person be a reckless man?

Ye Yanbai flipped through the memorials and saw a memorial from the Duke of Yue's Mansion.

After a brief glance, he couldn't laugh or cry. When Prince Sheng saw the strange look on his face, he looked over and smiled, saying: "Among the heroes who followed the late Emperor to conquer the country of Daegu, only the titles of the Duke of Yue and the Marquis of Zhenyuan are hereditary, which shows the late Emperor's great love for these two ancestors. When I was young, I served as a vanguard under these two people. I admired them very much. I never thought that after they leave, the two sons left behind are like heaven and earth. "

Ye Yanbai lowered his eyes and said with a smile: "It is true, it is really the difference between clouds and mud."

In fact, compared to the Duke of Yue and the Marquis of Zhenyuan, the late Emperor's favorite was General Meng Tingwei. It's a pity that he held a hundred thousand soldiers. For fear of hurting the relationship between Emperor and minister, the late Emperor did not take away his tiger talisman, but he could not give him a title. Otherwise, it would be passed down from generation to generation, and the country of Daegu could fall into the hands of someone else in the future.