Chapter 8 Playmate

Ye Chongjin couldn't protest but acted coquettishly. He is the one who feels the most distressed in the family. Whenever he sheds a tear, cried once or twice, not to mention not wanting to go to the palace, even if he wants his father to resign and return to his hometown, it is not impossible.

He held it in for a long time but he couldn't hold back the tears.

No matter in his previous life or in this life, he only looks weak but in fact he has a much stronger temper. When he was sold into the palace by his family when he was young, he almost cried to death. Later he realized that no one would feel sorry for him if he cried and it was just a waste of effort.

Later someone felt sorry for him but he didn't have the habit of seeking comfort from others.

He stared at his father's eyes and tried to look aggrieved and pitiful. However, in the eyes of others, the fragrant and soft milk baby suppressed his blush. The water in his eyes was as bright as the morning star and he was so cute! Special foul!

Prime Minister Ye was immediately hit in the heart, and said enthusiastically: "Madam, when the tailor master arrives, let him do more for A-Jin. I've seen all the kids outside wearing tiger-headed hats. Our A- Jin will definitely look good in them."

Madam An responded with a smile.

Ye Chongjin's fair and tender face suddenly drooped and he fell from Ye Yanbai's lap in annoyance. He climbed down and sat back to his seat to eat.

Ye Chonghui looked on and frowned slightly. After dinner, he approached Ye Chongjin and asked, "Why doesn't A-Jin want to go to the palace?"

Why? Ye Chongjin thought that because there were man-eating beasts there, he didn't want to become a meal in other people's mouths.

Ye Chonghui was still wondering to himself: "A-Jin has never been to the palace, how do you know it's not fun there. I heard the master in the Academy say that the palaces in the imperial palace are the most magnificent residences in the world. Throughout the ages, many people have died trying to live there, including men and women. Doesn't A-Jin want to see what it is like there?"

Ye Chongjin looked at his serious face and thought to himself that Ye Chonghui is really still a child. If he was more sensible, how could he tell a three-year-old child such things? It would be strange if he could understand some of these things.

He hummed and said: "I want to spend the holidays at home. There are bad people outside."

As soon as he showed weakness, Ye Chonghui was immediately inspired by his sense of responsibility as an elder brother. He touched his soft curly hair and said, "Don't be afraid, I will protect A-Jin."

Ye Chongjin was speechless. If he needed an eight-year-old child to protect him, his nine thousand years would be in vain.

=======

Two days later, Marquis Lu Lin of Zhenyuan came to express his thanks in person. At that time, Ye Chongjin and Ye Chonghui were learning the rules in the old man's Kangshou Yuan. They said they were learning together but in fact, Ye Chonghui was learning from the old steward while Ye Chongjin was sitting on the couch, eating snacks, and watching.

After finishing the cakes in his hands, he clapped his hands, quietly climbed down from the couch and slipped out through the side door.

Although his legs were short, he had an extra lifetime of memories and would not fall easily. He crossed two thresholds and as soon as he walked out of the courtyard, he saw the man in black clothes and dark hair. He lived up to his name and was awe-inspiring.

Lu Lin seemed to have seen him too, his eyes paused on him for a few seconds and then followed the maid through the corridor to the old man's study.

In his previous life, his friendship with Lu Lin was just like this. They were just acquaintances. He was a sycophant while Lu Lin was not a loyal person. They were not as incompatible with the Ye family. However this man was extremely afraid of him, unless forced to do so, otherwise he would never say another word.

He had heard earlier that his nephew was very strict and did not allow Lord Lu to talk or even look at women. He never thought that he, a man, was one of them.

Thinking of Lu Ziyan's firecracker temper, Ye Chongjin smiled again and walked to the kitchen with his short legs. He just remembered the ice bowl made in the imperial kitchen in his previous life. He was so greedy that he wanted the chef in the house to make it.

Lu Lin followed the maid as she walked in and asked casually: "That child just now ..."

The maid was slightly startled, she didn't expect that the cold-faced Marquis would take the initiative to speak, and quickly said: "Replying to the Marquis, that is the second young master of our house. He is the treasure of the Prime Minister and his wife."

Lu Lin nodded. He knew Prime Minister Ye's heart but he didn't expect that the three-year-old child would look so exquisite like a porcelain doll. He thought of the little monkey at home who is also three-years-old. He will cause trouble if he is not disciplined for one day. It is really different. Thinking of this, he unconsciously curled his lips.

In the house, old Master Ye was playing with the chess game. When he saw Lu Lin, he did not greet him politely. He pointed at the chessboard and said, "Please, Marquis."

"Please, Master Ye."

Master Ye has retired from officialdom for a long time but he was once the teacher of the current emperor. This grace alone is worthy of being called "Sir" by Marquis Zhenyuan.

When they met their opponents, they both tried their best to play the game. In the end, Master Ye was slightly better.

"Junior admires you." Lu Lin said sincerely.

Master Ye also admired this young junior and said with a smile: "Where is it? The Marquis is the younger generation who can strategize and think. He is the one who puts me to shame. Why don't we discuss it after dinner?"

He wanted him to stay for a meal but Lu Lin declined politely, saying: "My nephew is still young at home and cannot live alone. I'm afraid that I will disappoint the old Master's kindness."

The old man had heard Madam An's talk about this matter earlier and was not surprised. He smiled and said: "My grandson Chongjin is also very clingy and sweet, making people reluctant to let go. Speaking of which, the two children are not much different in age so they can be companions and keep in touch from time to time."

Lu Lin was worried that his nephew had no peers of the same age. He thought of the Ye family's noble background and that young master was also very lovable. It would be beneficial and harmless to go back and forth from time to time.

He responded: "It's just that my nephew has a naughty temperament. If Master Ye and Prime Minister Ye don't feel disturbed, this junior really wish for it."

At this time, in the Zhenyuan Marquis Mansion, a child who was climbing a tree sneezed and thought to himself, could it be that my uncle misses me?