Chapter 39 Three years later

After the banquet, Ye Yanbai was taken by a group of people to a side hall to appreciate poems. It was rare for him to show up outside. Not to mention these late-born juniors, even his colleagues who were officials in the same dynasty found it strange. They all jostled to show themselves in front him just in case there is a chance to get promoted next year.

In desperation, the Prime Minister had no choice but to entrust his son to the Crown Prince with numerous warnings and instructions to ensure that his beloved child must be safely returned to the Prime Minister's Mansion.

Gu Chen got what he wanted and said with a smile: "Good luck Prime Minister Ye."

Ye Yanbai glared at him, but now he had something to request so he had to hold his breath and say: "Don't stay outside for too long, there are kidnappings in the capital recently. I'm afraid there are traffickers. My A-Jin is well born, if he is targeted..." Before he could finish his words, he was already taken away by Prince Sheng and several important officials in the court.

The little child nestled in the large rosewood chair, touched his round belly and burped softly, his eyelids were already drooping.

He would easily get sleepy after eating a full meal. At this time, he should have rested.

Gu Chen took out a brocade handkerchief from his sleeve, wiped the child's oily lips clean and asked: "A-Jin, is there anywhere you want to go? Tonight is the Lantern Festival and there are many lively rallies, lantern festivals, cruises, and lion and dragon dances in the city. A-Jin has been raised it in the courtyard since he was a child and has never seen it before. Why not take this opportunity to go and have a look?"

Ye Chongjin was a little excited. Not to mention this life, he had never seen it even when he lived for almost thirty years in his previous life. Naturally he wanted to see a lively gathering but being with Gu Chen... was inappropriate.

The child said bluntly: "Just now, Daddy said not to stay outside."

Gu Chen was amused by his serious look, pinched his soft little paws and said: "Are you afraid of human traffickers? If someone really dares to steal A-Jin from gu, even if gu has to go to heaven, I will find that person and cut him into pieces."

When he said this, there was a smile on his lips but there was a cruel look in his eyes. It is the desensitisation that has been accumulated through countless killings.

Ye Chongjin lowered his eyelashes and hid the thoughts in his eyes. Those so-called loyal ministers and good generals in the previous life regarded him as a cancer to the country and wished they could get rid of him quickly. They only hoped that after Song Li's death, the prosperous age would be as they wished, not ——completely destroyed.

A wild beast that has lost its restraints. Who knows how much conscience it has?

Seeing the child lowering his eyes and saying nothing, Gu Chen instantly returned to his harmless appearance and said with a smile: "If A-Jin really doesn't want to go, gu will send you back to the Prime Minister's Mansion now. We have a long time to come and there will always be a chance to see it in the future."

Ye Chongjin nodded.

Gu Chen smiled more and more gently, leaned over to pick up the little child and strode out. In fact, he was not interested in the lively gatherings, he just wanted to take the opportunity to stay with A-Jin for a while. After all, when he returns to the Prime Minister's Mansion, that troublesome Ye Hengzhi would definitely show up and annoy him again.

Gu Chen asked: "Why didn't your brother come tonight? Isn't he worried that A-Jin will come to see gu?"

Ye Chongjin blinked and said, "My Brother originally wanted to come but Father didn't allow it."