Chapter 12 Unable to avoid

With a snap, the sound of music in the room suddenly stopped - the strings were broken.

The musician came back to his senses, hurriedly fell to the ground and apologized solemnly. Ye Chongjin regained his consciousness, walked into his father's arms with his short legs and softly called: "Daddy."

The child was dressed in moon-white ruyi. Wearing a cloud-patterned satin gown, his fair and pink face was stained with a thin layer of sweat. His black eyes flashed with panic and he looked a bit at a loss. Anyone who saw him would feel a bit of love for him, let alone Prime Minister Ye who loves his son as much as his fate.

Ye Yanbai was really distressed. He held his precious son in his arms and comforted him: "Don't be afraid, good boy, your father is here."

After saying this, he bowed his head slightly to the boy sitting in the seat and said: "Your Highness, this little one has been weak since he was born. He has been raised in the back court and has never seen noble people. I was frightened for a moment and lost my etiquette. I hope Your Highness will forgive me."

Gu Chen glanced at the frightened child and saw that his flawless face seemed to be smeared with powder. Like a finely carved porcelain doll with thick eyelashes lightly fanned and slightly pursed lips, which is indescribably endearing, it is not unreasonable for Ye Yanbai to pamper him so much.

He said calmly: "No problem."

Before Ye Yanbai can breathe a sigh of relief, Gu Chen changed the topic and said: "Gu has heard that the Second Young Master is raised in a boudoir. It is rare to see him. Come closer and let gu take a closer look."

Noticing that the child's body in his arms trembled slightly, Prime Minister Ye's heart also twitched.

"Your Highness, the little one is shy ..."

"Is Lord Ye's young master so precious that you can't bear to part with him? You are reluctant to even let gu take a look?"

Ye Yanbai kept saying that he didn't dare. He leaned into Ye Chongjin's ear and coaxed: "A-Jin, this is His Royal Highness the Crown Prince. He is a good person and will not make things difficult for A-Jin. A-Jin go over and have a few words with him."

In two lifetimes, Ye Chongjin felt very complicated when he heard someone use the word "good person" to describe Gu Chen. But the current situation did not allow him to refuse so he had no choice but to bite the bullet and move his short legs forward to get closer. The light ambergris from the boy's body lingered in his nose, making his head more and more confused.

How could he remember what eight-year-old Gu Chen looked like?

He was very miserable when he first entered the palace and his life was not good when he entered the East Palace. Gu Chen was somewhat interested in him at first. To be precise, it was like a child getting a beautiful toy. It was a bit novel at first but after a while, he became less interested.

Although Song Li was born extremely handsome, the most important thing in the palace was good-looking people.

He remained unknown in the East Palace for a long time until that year, the eldest prince sent an assassin. He happened to be on duty that night and blocked the man's sword. The dark blue chamberlain uniform was stained with blood. With blood flowing from the corners of his lips, he begged Gu Chen to collect his body. From then on, he fell into that man's eyes and never walked out again.

Song Li was actually very afraid of death but he had no choice.

If Gu Chen is injured, no matter how serious the injury is, all of them who are serving him will have no way to survive. This is what the manager kept saying every day. He didn't even have time to think, his body had already reacted.