Chapter 51 The Thousand Years of Disaster

Ye Yanbai returned to the house and called the eldest son to the study. Not long after, Ye Chonghui walked out of the room with a cold face and went to the ancestral hall to receive his punishment.

This matter quickly spread to Funing Yuan.

Madam An was feeding her youngest son some medicine. When she heard the message from her servants, Madam An frowned slightly and said to Ye Chongjin: "This is strange. Your brother has been in the Academy all day. When he got home, he was studying in his courtyard. How did he provoke your Father and be punished to kneel in the ancestral hall?"

The child took a sip of the soup and suppressed his guilty conscience but he still opened his eyes and told lies: "My Brother has a straightforward temperament and my Father is proud so it's not unusual for them to quarrel."

Madam An shook her head and thought: "Your Father is not an unreasonable person. Since a person needs to be punished, there must be a reason otherwise it is unjustifiable to the old Master. A-Jin, tell the truth to your Mother. Today in the palace, what happened that made your Father angry with your brother?"

"In the palace..." Ye Chongjin said hesitantly: "Father sent A-Jin to the East Palace. The Prince Brother was injured and lost a lot of blood. A-Jin accompanied him. He had a conversation, ate a few plates of cakes, and met the Empress and the Emperor. Then Father brought A-Jin back."

Madam An asked, "If you think about it again, there is something else."

Actually there was no need to think about it in detail. Ye Chongjin was clear in his heart but he just couldn't explain it. He took the initiative to kiss Gu Chen and he didn't want to say it out loud.

The child pursed his lips, looking like a puppy being scolded by his master. His dark and moist eyes were full of innocence which made people's hearts melt. Madam An quickly took the child into her arms and said softly: "Okay, okay, okay. It's ok to want to go out. Your father is always moody. It must be a sudden impulse to embarrass your brother. When A-Jin finishes drinking the medicine, I will go back and ask him personally. I want him to give me an explanation."

She picked up the orchid porcelain bowl and scooped a spoonful of the soup. She blew away the heat and handed it to the child's lips. The jade-white porcelain spoon contrasted with the child's pale pink lips which was indescribably pleasing to the eye.

Madam An looked at her son tenderly and felt that there was nothing wrong with the child. No one is perfect. The person who said this is actually very ignorant. If he had seen her A-Jin, he would not be able to say this.

After drinking a bowl of soup, Ye Chongjin asked: "Mom, can A-Jin go visit my Brother?"

Madam An thought for a while and felt it was inappropriate.

She put down the porcelain bowl and took out a light purple brocade handkerchief from her sleeve. She wiped the medicine stains from the corners of the child's lips and said: "It's not urgent. I'll go to your Father's first to have a look. If it is a trivial matter, your brother will be released and you don't have to go. If it's a serious matter ... I'm afraid you won't be allowed to get involved."

After all the talk, he was not allowed to go and Ye Chongjin was inevitably depressed.

He grabbed the corner of Madam An's sleeve, shook it gently with his jade lotus root-like arm and said softly: "Mom, A-Jin can go secretly without disturbing Father, okay?" When his mother remained silent, he said again: "It's late at night. Isn't it pitiful for my Brother to be alone in the ancestral hall? It would be nice to have someone to accompany him to relieve his boredom. If A-Jin goes there, he will definitely be happy."