Chapter 57 Appeasing

Madam An and the others caught up and saw the child being held in someone's arms. They were stunned at first but when they saw the appearance of the person clearly, they were so shocked that they could not speak.

Gu Chen glanced over lightly, skipped Ye Chonghui, and nodded slightly towards Madam An, who was standing in the centre. Madam An was flattered and quickly returned the greeting but did not dare to say hello. His Royal Highness was wearing plain clothes and obviously did not want to reveal his identity. She was not stupid enough to expose the Crown Prince in front of the bustling Jinguang Temple.

Ye Ruoyao and Ye Yunzhe had met him before. They only knew that he was a certain prince but his specific identity was not clear. However, they had lived in the Prime Minister's Mansion for a long time and had heard some rumours, such as the little cat raised in the Young Master's yard. It is said that the Crown Prince in the palace also raised a white tiger. Not every family has such a rare thing so there is no guarantee that it is not the same one.

Although people in Funing Yuan are tight-lipped and the news cannot spread, people outside are neither blind nor deaf so even if they don't know the inside story, they can still guess a little bit.

The person in front of them is undoubtedly the Fourth Prince of the Emperor, His Royal Highness, the Crown Prince of Daegu.

The two siblings hurriedly winked at their mother. Madam Ye was very alert and upon seeing this, said: "Sister, I will take Yao'er and Yunzhe in first. Nephew Chongjin used to live in the back courtyard and he has not seen so many people before. Maybe he is scared, please comfort him."

Madam An said quickly: "Okay, Sister-in-law, go in first."

When they left, Madam An hesitated and did not dare to come forward. Although she wanted to get her son back, she was too frightened by Gu Chen's power to dare to speak.

Ye Chonghui said in a cold voice: "I always meet noble people when I go out of the house. Someone has planted spies in the Prime Minister's house."

Madam An was startled and scolded: "Hui'er, don't be rude."

Gu Chen has long been accustomed to his sarcasm. He just curled his lips and smiled, saying meaningfully: "It is unknown if it is predestined fate."

The frost on Ye Chonghui's face added another layer.

The child in his arms was slightly startled, was it destined...?

A dazed look flashed across those moist eyes. Gu Chen happened to catch a glimpse of it and felt a pain in his heart. He put a little force on his arms and held the child in his arms in a completely protective manner, saying: "People are coming and going here. A-Jin is scared when he sees them so he might as well go to the Zen room in the backyard to rest. I have some friendship with Master Kongchen, the abbot of this temple, so it shouldn't be difficult to ask for two cups of tea."

Madam An was initially wary of his identity but seeing how thoughtful he was, she sincerely said, "In that case, thank you for your trouble, Your Excellency."

But Ye Chongjin suddenly grabbed his sleeves and his face turned pale. He didn't want to take even one step into this temple.

Gu Chen squeezed his soft little hand and brought it close to his ear. His voice was low and comforting: "What should A-Jin be afraid of when you are not alone?"

Ye Chongjin lowered his eyebrows and looked at his hand which lying on Gu Chen's broad palm and being tightly held by him. This sight made him relaxed.

Gu Chen smiled softly and raised his eyes to look at the Buddha statue in the hall. In an instant, a deep anger flashed in his black eyes. He murmured: "It's just a clay statue of a golden Buddha. If it dares to be rampant and offends gu, it will only end up destroying the temple and killing the monks."