Chapter 19 Father and Son

The next day, Ye Chongjin woke up in Funing Yuan. Seeing that he was awake, grandma An asked the maid to help him wash up.

The little child still had some confusion on his face and his skin was as white as snow with a touch of rouge. His eyes were dull and he looked stupid as if he hadn't slept well. While rubbing his temples, grandma An asked: "My little Master drank alcohol yesterday."

Ye Chongjin's expression froze, he shook his head quickly and said with an innocent face: "A-Jin doesn't know, he only drank two sips of water."

Grandma An stopped what she was doing and said with a straight face: "Young Master is the smartest one. How could you not be able to tell the difference between wine and water? I'm afraid he is doing it knowingly and wants to try something new."

After being exposed, Ye Chongjin was not convinced and argued: "The jug is placed on the table, isn't it just for people to drink from?"

Grandma An was angry but she calmed down and said earnestly: "Young Master, don't think this old slave is nagging. That wine is not a good thing. Adults will suffer if they drink too much. The Young Master needs to recover from his illness. If he is ill, doesn't it make us feel distressed? Do you still remember the tears that Madam shed for the Young Master earlier?

Ye Chongjin knew that he was wrong so he had to agree obediently: "I will never dare to do it again in the future. Don't be angry, grandma."

The little child grabbed her sleeves and a soft voice penetrated into her ears. Grandma An couldn't get angry so she could only sigh but unconsciously she curled her lips.

This matter was put aside for the time being. Ye Chongjin shook his little head. He slept deeply last night and could not remember many things. He vaguely remembered that his father was asked to talk by Gu Chen. That man never did anything meaningless and he had no idea what the conspiracy was.

Grandma An presented a bowl of soup, smiled and said: "The new cook in the house made a homemade sugar cube. When blended into the medicinal juice, it not only alleviates the bitterness but also removes a lot of the medicinal taste. I asked Physician Li and he said that this sugar will not overcome the medicinal properties, it is very good. Young Master, how about you give it a try."

Ye Chongjin was startled, scooped up a spoonful of brown concoction with an orchid white porcelain spoon and cautiously brought it to his nose to sniff. The bitter smell was indeed lighter but there was still a faint aroma. He licked his lips and asked casually: "Grandma, what's the cook's last name?"

Grandma An thought for a while and said, "It seems that the surname is Yao. He is a very cheerful young man. He has dimples on both cheeks when he smiles. He is very lovable. What is rare is that he can cook well. The Young Master can taste his craftsmanship during lunch. "

Ye Chongjin swallowed the concoction silently, thinking that it is indeed Yao Zhen. He said that when he was young, he worked as a cook in a wealthy family but he did not expect that the wealthy family meant the Prime Minister's Mansion.

Yao Zhen was a cook in the palace in his previous life. Later it can be said that Song Li single-handedly promoted him to be the manager of the Imperial Kitchen. This boy knew a lot of skills, especially knife skills. What was rare was his gratitude. Song Li was kind to him, so he ignored the gossip outside and wholeheartedly devoted himself to Song Li.

In his previous life in the palace, Song Li only dared to eat the food that came out of Yao Zhen's hands.

He put down the orchid porcelain spoon and said: "Grandma, I like the sugar cubes he made. How about giving him some money?"