Chapter 37: Relieve

Nate had left home that day after lunch. He said that he wasn't feeling well although we understood what had happened and it was matter of hours that everybody in the school knew it too.

"I'm coming with you, Harry" said Anna, after her last class that day. "I need know that he's going to be okay" Anna was a great friend. Nate was lucky to have her, I was lucky too.

"Okay, I guess I'll ride alone" said Ashton, and kissed his girl goodbye.

"Was Nate planning to tell Ashton and the others?" asked Harry when we were inside the car.

"Yeah, we were talking about it the other day. However, he wanted to wait" Anna said looking worried.

"I'm sorry they found out like this" Harry said.

"Me too" Anna sighed. "Let's see how he is. Bye guys see you later" she entered the Gallagher's house.

"Can I come to your house? I want to leave them alone for a while" Harry asked inside the car.

I answered him with a smile and he followed me inside the house. My grandma wasn't home so we ate a sandwich in the kitchen and then we went to the garden.

"It's nice to hang out with you when you are like this." I told Harry. We were sitting in a bench near the back door. He had his arm around my waist and I was resting my head on his shoulder. It was truly nice.

I sighed contently. I could imagine myself like this every day.

"What do you mean 'like this'? he asked with a frown although he was smiling.

"So relaxed and happy and,... you know. Just like this".

"I'm glad you like it". He kissed my forehead. "You're coming to the party this weekend, right?"

"Yes, I am." I said smiling up at him.

"I don't know Anna" I heard Nate say inside his house. Harry squeezed my hand.

"You worry too much, Nate. They've been your friends your whole life, they understand" Anna told him.

I squeezed Harry's hand back and he looked down at me. His eyes showed sadness and worry for his brother.

The sorrow in his eyes disappeared when he saw his brother coming out of his house with a small smile growing on his face.

"Hey, guys. Good to know you're having a good time." He said.

I smiled at him. "Hey, you."

We stayed in the garden until Anna came back with Ashton. He looked a bit nervous and shifted on his feet constantly. I didn't take long to understand why. Maybe I was wrong and he saw Nate different after what he had told him.

Anna was looking at Ashton worrying her lower lip. She took his hand and squeezed tightly.

"I'm sorry I hadn't told you before." Nate told Ashton.

His shoulders fell in relieve. "I'm sorry you and Adam couldn't fix it". He hugged Nate. 

"Now we just have to think about something to bring him back."