Chapter 20: Why would he do it?

I couldn't believe my ears. The boy I thought I loved was gay.

"I'm so sorry Nate" I said and I hugged him because I didn't want him to see the tears that had started rolling down my eyes. While we stayed like that I pleaded my eyes to stop watering because I didn't want to explain to him why I was crying.

"I'm upset because I felt bad for hurting him at the party and I wanted to apologize, but he won't even listen to me" he said looking at the stars.

"Maybe,..." I started but I didn't know what to say. I loved him, for god's sake! I didn't want him to talk to me about the guy he loved or liked or whatever.

"I know I'm an asshole for not wanting anyone to know but I want to continue playing football and be friends with Ashton and Marlene and you... " he looked at me while he was saying the last part. "The way you are looking at me right now is the reason why I didn't want to tell you".

I turned my head at that. I didn't know how was I looking at him, but it was because I wasn't expecting it and because I was sad and disappointed. And as I was thinking it I realized that I was angry too. If he already liked Adam, why did he try to kiss me at the party? Or said all those things to me? If he liked him why didn't he want to tell everybody? Why would he hide it?

"I'm sorry Nate. But I think Adam is right, if you really liked him you would be willing for everyone to know about your relationship. And if he doesn't want to talk to you now maybe you should move on" after I had said that I left, and I suppose you can imagine where I slept that night.

{Author's note: I'm sorry this chapter was so short, but I hope you liked it. Vote and comment please xx}