Chapter 23: Stupid words

After I had arrived from the cinema with Harry I couldl't sleep so I went to the porch and I started reading. Nate appeared.

"Hi" he said.

"Hi" I replied.

"Harry told me you went to the cinema with him".

"I did".

"You don't sound very happy about it, did you have a good time?" he asked.

"Why would you care?" I asked him desbelievingly.

"Why would I care? I'm your friend, I care about you" he answered offended.

"My friend?!" I shouted.

"Yes, your friend" he said.

"I can't believe it. You tried to kiss me althouht you were in love with Adam. You told me you liked me. You made me believe I had a possibility!" I said shouting the last part.

"I did not" he said starting to get angry.

"Yes, you did. That day at lunch, and at the party, and almost every day I spent with you".

"I was just being a friend, I wasn't pretending things".

"A friend doesn't try to kiss you" I said angry, tears were threatening to appear.

"I know".

"Why did you try to, then?" I asked him.

"Because I knew you wanted to" I couldn't reply to that, he would have kissed me just because I wanted to, but then he would have come back to Adam secretly. I started to cry.

"You are not a good friend" I told him.

"I am not a good friend. Let's see. Who is the one that doesn't talk to me after I told her the most important secret that I have? I believe that's you. Who is the selfish one that is angry at me because I don't feel the same towards her that she feels towards me? I think that's you again" he said furious.

"Well, at leats I'm not selfish enough to break up with someone just because I'm ashamed of what would people say" at the same moment the words had fallen from my mouth I regreted saying them. His expression had gone blank. I just stared at him and he left.

I felt very bad about every word that I had said. I went to my room. I curled up in a ball under the piano and started sobbing.

It felt like an eternity had passed when the door opened and Harry walked in.

His face was sad when he layed beside me. He put his hands on both sides of my face and dryed my tears with his thumbs.

"I heard what you said to Nate" he said and I stiffened. I didn't want to loose another friend because of what I had said.

"I,.. I didn't" I started to say but he cut me off.

"I know you didn't want to, baby" he assured me.

He stared at my eyes and after a few seconds at my lips. He came closer to me and then he kissed me.