Chapter 10: The bet

Nate was really angry when I had told him what he had to do. But Ashton and Harry seemed pleased about it, Harry even laughed.

During the second period the whole school knew about it and a lot of photos had been posted on the internet but Anna and Marlene hadn't seen it yet because they had arrived a bit late that morning. We were discussing the issue when we came across Nate on the hallway. He was beyond pissed. Anna and Marlene burst out laughing when they saw it.

"Are you going to lick and eat that later Nate?" Marlene teased him.

"Shut up" he said. I was trying to held back my laughter but couldn't. "Come on! This isn't funny! Release me from the bet, Via".

"No way! When I asked you yesterday if there were any rules you said no, so you're wearing it all day".

"But everybody is staring and teasing me" he complained.

"You have to wear it, and I want to see how you eat it at the end of the day" I said him with a satisfied smile.

On my bet Nate had to wear a banana hanging from his neck the whole day. The funny thing was that the banana had to stay at the same place that his other banana was. At the end of the day he had to eat it.

"That was so funny Via. Seriously. You have to win all the bet nights" said Marlene.

"Oh, I can't imagine Ashton doing anything like that" said Anna giggling.

.........................................................

At lunch Nate was shifting uncomfortably on his seat.

"Are you alright mate? Is the banana giving you problems?" asked Ashton, everybody on our table laughed. He just sighed.

"I think I'm going to the library, nobody's going to bother me there" said Nate as he came by my side and hugged me. "Your lucky I like you Via, because I wouldn't endure this shit for anyone".

My heart stopped, did he just said that he liked me? Did he mean it as a person, as a friend or more? Am I dreaming?

I snapped out of my fantasies an Ashton was saying "Bye Nate. Remember that we have football practice today" Nate groaned. " And there's no way you're getting that of".

...................................................

After having dinner with grandma Nate came over with Harry, Chloe and the banana.

I put the banana on a plate and gave him a spoon. The skin was dark brown and the inside was extremely mushy. It looked disgusting.

"Why is he eating eat?" asked Chloe.

"Because he lost a bet" answered Harry, she nodded.

"I think I'm going to throw up. This is awful" said Nate with a horrified face.

"A bet is a bet, you have to eat it" I said.

"I'll never ever eat a banana again" Nate said bringing the last mouthful to his mouth.

{Author's note: hello, there! I hope you enjoied the chapter, I did writing it:) What do you think about the bet? Have you got any ideas for the next one? Vote and comment please xx}