Chapter 34: Some sense

At first I felt hurt, I couldn't understand how could he not trust me after Nate had told him about him and Adam. Then, I thought more about it and realized that it was not my fault or Nate's so I got pretty pissed and stormed behind him. However, I couldn't explode as I had wanted to because Ashton and Nate were already sitting in front of the TV.

"Hey Via" said Ashton.

"Hi" I said.

"The match is about to start. Who's going to win today?" asked Nate. He looked at Ashton, then at me, and when his eyes landed to Harry's his excited expression turned into a confused one.

Harry's face was pure jealousy, although he was trying to hide it. "Dunno" he said shortly.

We made our bets and by the time the game finished Nate was laughing so much that his face had turned red.

"You have to go to school wearing plastic gloves and that Hello Kitty tiara that Chloe loves" Nate told Ashton.

"That's not fair. Last time I had to wear a mustache!" complained Ashton.

"If you hadn't lost, you wouldn't have to do it" Nate said in a sing-song voice.

"I'm looking forward to tomorrow" I said. "I have to go, guys. See you tomorrow" I smiled at them. Nate said goodbye, Ashton waved and Harry didn't say anything, he didn't even looked at me in the eye.

Nate stopped me while I was walking to my house.

"Do you know why Harry is acting so estrange around me? Is it because of what I told him earlier?" he asked concerned.

"I don't think it's just you Nate" I said looking at the floor.

"Why? Did something happen between you two?"

"No, no... It's just that... It doesn't matter" I said realizing that provably his brother doesn't want him to know.

"It matters to me. Did you argue?"

"Yeah" I said sad. "He thinks I'm gonna leave him for you".

"Seriously?" he asked shocked. "No wonder why he doesn't talk to me. What did you told him?"

"I assured him that he was wrong and that what you told him it's true".

"So he doesn't trust me either" he stated. I looked blankly at him. "Don't worry Via, I'll try to put some sense into him. But how can he think that? I mean, I'm his brother. I wouldn't lie to him".

I hugged him. "Thank you".