Chapter 1: The arrival

The flight was really long but I spent the most of it sleeping.

At the airport my grandma was waiting for me with a huge smile and sadness in her eyes. As I started walking towards her I realised that a boy was standing beside her. He was about a foot taller than me and really handsome. His hair was light brown and curly and his eyes very dark.

"Honey" my grandma said as she pulled me into a hug. She held me so tight it hurt, but it felt good being in her arms after all that had happened that summer.

The last time I saw her was at my parents funeral, she came immediately after the accident and stayed with me in the city until three weeks ago, when I told her that it was okay if she came back here. She agreed although she didn't seem pleased about it.

"Hi" I said when she released me from the hug.

I looked over to the guy that was standing next to me looking slightly uncomfortable and then to my grandma asking her with my eyes who was he.

"Oh. I completely forgot you were here" grandma said ashamed. "Olivia, this is Harry, our neighbour. Harry, this is Olivia, my granddaughter".

"It's nice to meet you, finally. And, I'm sorry about your parents" said Harry.

"You too. And it's okay, thank you".

.....................................................................

When we arrived at the house Harry helped me with my luggage and then left to his house, which was next to ours.

I remembered the house perfectly although the last time I had been here was more than two years ago. It was little and welcoming.

By the time I had arrived at my bedroom the tears had started rolling down my face. I couldn't help it, the bedroom I was sleeping had been my mother's and the sadness that I felt was too much to bear.