Chapter 9: Game/Bet night

When the classes finished I asked Anna to bring me home because the twins and Ashton had football practice. She agreed.

Once we were inside the car Anna switched on the radio and 'Say something' started pounding through the loudspeakers. I could feel a lump in my throat as the music continued and when it arrived at the part when they sing "and I'm feeling so small, it was over my head, I know nothing at all" tears started rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't help it.

"Via, are you okay?" Anna asked, and I could feel that she meant it.

"Anna, I'm so sorry I hurt Nate. But I didn't tell Adam that he could come, he invited himself. And when he said it I just stood there,... I don't want Nate hatting me, I mean,... he is my friend". I started sobbing and she pulled over to the sight of the road.

She grabbed my shoulders and pulled me towards her, holding me tight in a hug. "Don't worry, Nate is just upset. If you tell him what you just told me he will forgive you for sure".

I smiled at her words, she was a great friend. "Thank you".

"You're welcome, now let's go, I've got a lot of shopping to do today".

......................................................................

I was listening to music in my bedroom when I saw that one of the twins was in the garden. It was dark and I didn't know if it was Nate or Harry who was outside so I decided to check it, I needed to apologize even if I thought that I hadn't done anything wrong because that's not apologize. Apologize means that you value your relationship more than your ego, and I did.

Much to my satisfaction it was Nate.

"Hi" I said afraid that he could leave at any moment.

"Hi" he didn't smile.

"Nate, look,... I'm so sorry about what happened at lunch. We were at history, talking and he said that he would come, I didn't know that he was serious. I'm so sorry, it was my fault". I said staring at the floor.

"It's okay, already forgotten" at that I jumped and hugged the life out of him.

"Thank you" I said, he laughed and for the first time I saw that he had a dimple when he laughed, I melted.

"Do you want to come and watch the game with us?" he asked once I had recovered.

"Sure" I would do anything to spend more time with him.

Ashton and Harry sat on the couch waiting impatiently for the game to began.

"Hello" I said smiling at them. Harry looked at me like I was mouldy food.

Ashton said: "Are you prepared for a Game/Bet night? If you watch you have to play."

"What is a Game/Bet night?"

"Well, we bet who's going to win and by how much. The loser or the one who is further from the result of the game has to do something of the choice of the winner" explained Nate.

"For example: last week I had to kiss your grandmother on the lips and by Christmas Harry had to jump on your neighbour's pool" said Ashton.

"I'm still shivering from that, asshole" said Harry.

"Let's see who loses tonight" I said wickedly.

.......................................................

"And... that's the end of the match congratulations-" the voice stopped when Nate switched of the TV. "What do you want me to do Olivia?" he asked.

{Authors note: Hey! I hope you like this chapter, sorry if it was too long or too boring, but I had to explain what the Game/Bet night's were. PS: don't you like smiles with dimples? I love them. Vote and comment please xx}