Chapter 25: Guilty

Almost two weeks had passed since the discussion. Nate and I weren't talking to each other; well it was more like I was trying to avoid an awkward conversation by not talking to him. I hadn't talked much to Harry either. He had been busy with the football team and I wasn't going to his house because I didn't want to see Nate so we shared a few words on the hallway at school and when he came to my house to bring Chloe, but that's all.

I was at Anna's house and we were talking about random things when suddenly she said: "You know that I'm your friend, right?" I nodded. "You also know that friends tell each other what they think?" she gave me a questioning look and I nodded again. "Well, so I have something to tell you."

I waited for her to say something, but she didn't, so I asked: "What do you need to tell me?"

"You haven't been a good friend to Nate, you've been avoiding him since he told you his secret".

"I know".

"You know?!" she shouted disbelievingly. "It doesn't look like it to me".

"Look, I don't want to talk about it" I told her.

"But I do want to talk about it" she said angry. "It's not fair that you aren't talking to him just because he said something you didn't want to hear".

"Try to understand me. What would you do if someone you like told you that he couldn't reciprocate your feelings?"

"Everyone does that Olivia, hundreds of times in their lives. Just because it's the first time that happened to you doesn't mean you have to stop talking to him or say that the world is unfair to you. It's just real life" she called me Olivia!

"I know but when that happens to people they try to overcome it. How can I do it if he's next to me 24/7?"

"My god, you knew him for a week. He's not the love of your live" she said rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, I know. But it's still hard for me. Would you still be hanging out with Ashton if he broke up with you?"

"Do not bring him into this conversation. This is just about you and Nate".

"Okay, what would you do then?" I asked irritated.

"I've talked to Nate and he told me about your discussion".

"Great! Now everybody knows it. However it doesn't answer my question" I told her.

"I know, I know, but it changes a lot of things. He was your friend before, and he still wants to be your friend. You just have to try to talk to him. He isn't going to do it first because he is angry".

"I should be the one being angry" I said.

"Via, listen" she said putting her hands on both of my shoulders. "I know you think what you did is right, but it's not".

"So, you're saying that I'm the bad one of the story".

"Yeah, more or less".

"Jeez, thanks" I said.

"What I mean is that you should have tried to understand and told him how you felt about him".

"He already knows".

"Then it's easier. Just talk to him and apologize".

"For what?" I asked.

"For not being a good friend, and just thinking on yourself when he trusted you to help him when he most needed it".

"Okay, but what happens if he doesn't forgive me?" I asked sad.

"If he doesn't forgive you maybe it's because you deserve it".

{Author's note: I know this chapter is not really interesting but I'm kinda stuck, I'll try to make next one better. By the way, you should read 'Thoughts of a simple human' by Mar2393, it's a great story. Vote and comment please xx}