Chapter 18: Not prepared

While I was at school I came across Nate on the hallway. I smiled at him and he said: "I know that I told you that I would explain what had happened at the party, but I'm not prepared to explain it to you yet. I'm sorry" he looked very sad.

"It's okay, Nate. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to" I wanted to know what happened so badly, but he looked so sad about it that I decided it was better to wait.

"I want to tell you. You're my friend. But I'm not ready".

"Don't worry. When you are prepared you tell me" I said.

"Thank you" he said and hugged me. It felt wonderful to stay so close to him. "Also, I would appreciate if you didn't tell anyone about what happened at the party".

"Okay, I won't say anything" I assured him.

"You are a really good friend Via" that hurt, I wanted to be more than a friend.

..................................

At lunch Nate wasn't sitting with us and I asked Anna if she knew anything. She told me that he was okay, but something related to 'the thing' that she knew had happened and Nate was upset and he needed to do something.

........................................

While I was doing homework that night I heard noises coming from the garden. I looked through the window and saw that Nate was curled up in a ball beside a tree. He was crying. I was worried so I went outside to check if he was okay.

I sat beside him and put a hand on his knee.

"What happened Nate?" I asked and he shook his head. "Please, tell me. I'm worried about you".

"It's about what happened with Adam and the fight" he explained.

"Oh, okay" I said surprised that he was crying over that. "Why are you so upset about it?"

"It's about the thing Anna know's".

"You can trust me. You know? I might help" I said but he didn't say anything. "You don't trust me. Is that?" I said offended.

"No, it's not that but...." at first I thought that he was going to say that he wasn't prepared but instead he sighed and said very serious: "Okay. I'll explain you everything".

{Author's note: this is getting interesting. Nate is going to explain everything to Via in the next chapter. Vote and comment please xx}