Chapter 33: Seriously?

"What?!" shouted Harry astonished. He shook his head repeatedly. "I... I..." he looked at Nate and shook his head again.

I looked between them without knowing what to do. Harry looked surprised and horrified at the same time. Nate on the other hand looked heartbroken.

"Calm down, Harry" I told him.

"Okay" he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, bro. This took me by surprise" he said to his brother although he was looking at me sternly.  

Nate nodded. "Okay" he looked defeated. "I'm going to see if Chloe needs anything".

"Okay" I said.

"Why didn't you warn be about this?" Harry asked gazing angrily at me.

"Why did you react like that? Don't you see that you've upset him?" I said angry too.

"How did I react? I wasn't expecting it".

"You weren't expecting him with Adam but you were expecting him with me" I shot back.

He sighed. "I didn't know what to say, okay? I'm sorry I jumped to erroneous conclusions".

"Okay, but be nice. He needs everybody to support this so he gets confident enough to tell Adam".

"Okay, I'll try" he nodded. "I'm sorry I jumped to those conclusions".

"Don't worry, you're forgiven" I smiled at him and he hugged me, he was so sweet.

Nate and Chloe were walking towards us. Harry squeezed my hand and then he let it go. He hugged his brother. "I'm happy for you Nate" he whispered on his ear. "Thanks" he whispered back.

"I'm hungry" whined Chloe while we were walking to their house. 

"Do you want to eat out?" asked Nate.

"Yes!" she said, so we went to McDonalds. I love McDonalds.

"Why are you so quiet?" asked Chloe while everybody was eating his fried potatoes.

"Explain us something if you think everything is so quiet" I said smiling.

"Are you upset, Harry?" she asked instead of saying what I asked her.

"No, of course not. Why would I be upset?"

"I don't know" she said finishing her lunch. "I'm going to play".

Chloe left and I looked at Harry. He did seem a bit upset, but I decided to let it go in case it was something related to Nate and it upset him too.

"There's a game tonight. Are you coming?" asked Harry hopefully.

"To a Game/Bet night? Sure".

...............................................

After we finished eating and I did my homework at home I headed to the Gallagher's house, but I stopped when I saw Harry sitting on my porch.

He was sitting with his elbows on his knees and he had his head resting on his hands with his eyes closed. I sat next to him trying to be quiet and hugged him from behind. At first he seemed shocked, but when he realized it was me who was hugging him he relaxed and hugged me back.

After a few seconds of the embrace I spoke. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh... Nothing" he said trying to sit better and bringing me towards him. I threw him a glance that said 'I don't believe you' and he kissed the top of my head. "I was just thinking, and decided to come here".

"Thinking? About what?"

"I was thinking about you" I blushed.

We stayed in silence a few minutes, I didn't know what to say. "Chloe was right, you did look upset" I said finally.

"I was just thinking".

"What were you thinking about?"

"About you" I blushed again.

"You think a lot about me" I stated. He stared blankly at the horizon. "What are you worried about, Harry?"

"Nate" he answered shortly.

"What about Nate?"

"That you liked him, and I'm afraid that you will leave me for him".

I couldn't believe my ears. "He told you this morning that he likes Adam and I don't like him anymore, I like you" I told him desperate for him to understand.

He sighed and stood up. "Okay" was everything he said before leaving to his house. I got up and followed him.