45.

July

It had only been a few days since I talked to Aizawa and he had kept his promise.

No random notes, no little texts, no looks or whispers. Just a teacher doing his job and heading home.

Shoto on the other hand was acting... the same but different.

The only thing that had changed had been how physical he was. We had always walked to class together, but now he held my bag. We always ate lunch together but now I felt his hand on my thigh sometimes. We had always watched TV in my room, but the new thing was one blanket instead of two.

It was such subtle changes, small things I would have missed if I didn't know the truth about Shotos feelings.

But I still hadn't told him about Shota or the 7 month deal I had hanging over my head.

"Shoto," I said quietly, Mic teaching a lesson up front.

He didn't answer, only nodding his head that he heard me.

"Lawn later?" I asked.

A small smile graced his face before it left. He looked at me and nodded before going back to the board.

Mic was our last class of the day, everyone filing out to either go do side kick work, projects, train or relax. Shoto and I made our way to the lawn where most people were reading or studying.

Finding a spot under a tree a lil away from the groups he joined me to sit on the grass.

"Is it time to talk about it?" Shoto asked.

"You act like I enjoy the drama around my life story right now," I replied a small smile on my face.

He glanced at me a small smirk on his face before it slipped off.

"I'm not it am I?" He asked quietly and it hurt my heart to see his face. I don't know I can do this.

"No that's not what we need to talk about, not exactly." Looking around to make sure we had good distance from everyone I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I know you don't want to hear it, that you haven't liked it from the start but I feel I should explain some things because right now you do need to know." I responded.

He only nodded his head but didn't reply.

Sighing I continued, "to put it simply, he spoke to me and stated we couldn't be together while I was his student," Shoto cut me off.

"He's right."

I only glanced at him and nodded before continuing, "which is why he won't try to pursue me until after I graduate." I finished.

Shoto paused.

"Are you telling me you have until graduation before Aizawa starts to pursue you?" He asked.

I nodded again, "yes. He's given me 7 months of pure no Aizawa until I graduate, then he was very honest in saying he would try to date me."

Shoto didn't respond, staring into my eyes looking for something.

"Do you want that?" He asked.

"I don't know what I want. There are days where I look at you and I remember our kiss and I think to myself you're the right choice because you're here, you're my best friend, we have so much in common, and you push me to be better..." I said my voice dropping off.

"But?" Shoto continued for me.

"But i feel different things with Shota that I don't feel with you, that I'm not going to share obviously, but either way the two feelings I get confuse me. The problem is, after those 7 months he was very honest about pursuing me. Whether I'm single or not." I replied.

This seemed to agitate Shoto, "so he won't respect your decision? If you choose to date me or anybody else, he still gets to try?" He asked.

Quietly I used one of my hands to hold Shotos face, running my fingers through his hair until I saw his body deflate a little.

"No, I don't know." I responded.

This didn't really comfort Shoto either, but I was listening to Mina. If anything of this was going to go anywhere he had to know everything he was getting himself into.

"And if you feel so in love with me and he couldn't win you back would you tell him?" Shoto asked, his voice a whisper as he grabbed my chin and brought my face closer to his.

My body was heating up, I didn't have an answer how was I to know? I had never been in love and the one time I thought I was. Well I ended up here didn't I?

"I can't promise you the future right now Shoto because I don't know. All I know is when you kissed me it changed everything in my head and has turned me upside down." I responded.

"I have 7 months to get you to fall in love with me is what I'm hearing." Shoto replied, his eyes looking at me and then glancing at my lips.

"Shoto that's not what I meant," I started saying.

"It's not but that's what I'm telling you. I have 7 months, then Aizawa comes in the picture right?" He asked again. I only nodded.

"I'll take it," he replied, before bringing my face to his and kissing me just like the first time. And just like the first time, it felt like everything was right.

From the window were two men watching, standing with their coffee. One who couldn't shut up about how he was right, and the other thinking, "7 more months."