42

The next day I woke up, still confused, and still tired from last night.

There were moments in my sleep, where I could've sworn I was dreaming of Shota, only for the eyes to look at me and see Shoto. My mind kept going back-and-forth and it was more tiring than fighting a villain.

But today was Saturday, and I had to make my way to the agency for patrols. Burnin and I were going to partner today, since she had offered to show me a few spots around the city that I should be checking in on.

Grabbing my toiletry basket and my uniform for today, I started making my way to the door only for Shoto's to open at the same time.

"Good morning," he spoke in his low tone, his usual morning voice.

"Good morning," I replied, a small smile on my face before making my way towards the stairs and climbing down two steps at a time.

Did he hear me rushing away? Probably. But I didn't want to think right now. I just wanted to shower and get ready.

By the time I made it to the door Shoto was waiting on me to head out to the Agency. It was another quiet ride as we made our way there, each of us on our phones.

Maybe he was embarrassed about last night? Not that I was embarrassed, but I was even more confused with the slight affection that he did. Even that wasn't usual for our friendship.

"I'm going to join you on patrols today, my father and Hawks have some things to cover this morning so I won't join them until the afternoon," Shoto said as he held the door open for me and we walked into the Agency lobby together.

"(Y/n)! Shoto!" I heard Burnin yell as she came down the stairs. "sorry guys I'm not going to be able to join you on today's patrol, I have to handle some things for the boss," she finished.

"wait what about the spots you mentioned?" I replied, hoping Shoto wouldn't catch the hitch in my voice as I thought about being alone with him right now. I'm just trying to process shit dammit.

"Well Shoto can show you. I heard he's going to be joining you anyways since I'm helping the boss with the paperwork from last nights mission." She responded smiling. "you guys stay safe. Please keep me updated when you get back!" And with that she turned around and headed back up the stairs.

"well, might as well start our patrols," Shoto said, turning around and heading back out the front doors.

With no other option but to follow I made my way to his side as we got outdoors.

Trying to read Shotos energy I looked for signs of annoyance, or anger, but all I felt was calmness.

"thank you for showing me the spots Burnin mentioned," I said. The first words since we walked out the door.

"of course," he responded.

A few more minutes of silence, but I was never great at keeping silent.

"what assignment do you have later this afternoon?" I asked.

Thankfully, this seemed to be all I had to ask because Shoto went on to tell me about the mission that happened last night and how he needed to go help do a recon of the location and make sure nothing was missed.

By the time we made it back to headquarters, the awkwardness I felt this morning had slipped off my shoulders, and we were talking like we always do.

"you should be free to go unless you want to stay and head up to the healing department," Shoto said as we walked back into the lobby.

"I'll probably head up and check out how Glowin is doing. See if there's any help I can offer since it's only 12." I responded.

I don't know why, but for a moment, I felt almost an energy of happiness or proudness from Shoto, before he nodded his head and clicked on the elevator button.