19.

Tomorrow afternoon is the festival.

Mina, Momo, Jirou, and I were in Jirou's room tonight. Tomorrow was the big day and we had decided to spend it together trying to relax.

"I don't know if I want to paint it this color or this one" Mina said holding up two polishes of different pinks.

"Min, they're the same thing," Jirou said, looking through her CDs to put something on.

"No, no I see the difference. I think the light pink would look better, the hot pink would clash with you," Momo replied, really studying the colors. Leave it to Momo to care about this and be right.

"I agree with Mo, light pink," I said, smiling and glancing up from the magazine I was reading. Well trying to read, my Japanese was good, but some slang threw me off. I found another word that lost me and just turned the magazine to Mo.

"That's another word for orgasm babe," she responded laughing while making little throw darts with her quirk. I glowed red a bit but kept reading, it was like a Japanese cosmo I think and I was just entertained by their articles.

Jirou sat down next to me, reading the article I was on. "I seriously can't believe people pay to read this junk," she said, looking unbothered and grabbing a music magazine she had thrown to the side.

"I think it's fun! Plus it's not like it's for research, just interesting to read." Mina replied finishing up her left hand. "ta-da! Perfect to kick some ass tomorrow"

I laughed and laid back on the rug, bringing the cosmo with me and holding it above my head.

We heard someone knock on the door a bit later and all turned. "(n/n) can you grab that? It's probably Kaminari with some notes I lent him." Jirou said still reading.

I got up, still reading the mag, and opened the door not even looking up. "Sup Pika," I said holding out my hand, and finally looking up.

It was Aizawa.

He looked just as shocked as I was to see me in Jirou's room. His face blanked quickly before looking into the room and seeing us all there. "Festival starts tomorrow, I was here to inform everyone on lights out." He said, with a dry tone that left no room for argument.

We all nodded, everyone, grabbing their stuff while he stayed by the door watching.

Once we all had our bags and were walking out he nodded to Jirou and shut her door. He began following us to the elevator, until Momo stopped suddenly, looking into her bag. "Apologies I seem to have left a notebook in Jirou's room. I'll head right up after professor." She said, bowing and turning back.

Mina, Aizawa, and I piled into the elevator. Pressing the floors for 4,5 and 6 we started heading up. It was silent, Mina and I stayed on one side while Aizawa stayed on his, glancing at me until I caught his eye and he looked away. I wish he would just look at me.

"Night (n/n), goodnight Aizawa Sensei," Mina said, giving me a small smile and heading to her room.

And then there were two...

I couldn't hold it, my tongue slipped. "I apologize if I did something to offend you, sir," I said quietly, not looking at him.

I saw his foot twitch, almost to step towards me only to stop. "There is no reason for you to apologize Ms. (l/n)," he said, sounding almost robotic.

I glanced up then, seeing his hand slightly tensed like he had been about to reach out when I saw his foot twitch. It gave me a small smile, that of course, he caught.

"Is there something amusing?" he asked, as the elevator opened to my floor.

"I wonder sir," I said quietly stepping in between the elevator doors so they wouldn't close, "if there is nothing to apologize for why you still seem offended by something." And I walked off to my room, leaving his staring behind me and not looking back this time.

--- Aizawa POV ---

She caught me, of course, she did.

I walked into my apartment, throwing off everything onto the couch and floor, walking to the kitchen. Grunting as I took off everything, just fucken tired.

My phone started ringing, stopping me from banging all my cabinets while I looked for my tea.

"This is Aizawa," I said, grabbing the tea and mug from the cabinets. "We got a new lead."

I paused, "Endeavor?" I replied, setting down everything and heading to the living room.

"They're stationed in Hosu, a lead confirmed to have seen them going in and out of an alley."

"Hosu again huh?" I mumbled. "What's the plan then?" I said getting up and grabbing my gear.

"Not now, I hear you moving." Endeavor said, sighing. "We're giving it a few days to confirm. No one interferes when they see them, just keeping an eye." He continued.

I sat back down, throwing my shit back to the ground. "U.A Festival starts this week," I replied, thinking of how, or if, this will affect it.

"I'll be there, got to make sure my sidekicks are winning," he replied, and I can hear that stupid smirk through the phone.

I scoffed at that but admitted he was right, top agency had to have top winners. "I'll see you there Endeavor, keep me updated." Hanging up the phone, I had this adrenaline picking up from thinking I had to go out and fight. I just had to get this out of me and I'll come back up to sleep.

Getting dressed and grabbing my phone, I started walking out of the building to do a short surveillance check on the buildings. Don't have to fight right now but maybe catching a dumbass kid would get the energy out of me.

Walking by my dorms I looked at the windows to see one light on, (y/n). I sighed but headed back in. I had to make sure the lights out were taken seriously, especially since I have meetings with everyone tomorrow morning before the games.

Walking back in and to her hall, I stood at the door thinking. God, I didn't want to do this right now, not after the elevator conversation. I still have no real response I can give her.

I sighed, but knocked twice and waited. A minute later she was there, small and beautiful. Her hair was down and wavy, she had this black gown on that went to her knees and a book in her hand.

She looked up at me, blank face. I suppose it was my turn to get the cold shoulder huh?

"I stated before, it was lights out Ms. (l/n)," I said, trying to get this over with.

"I find I have energy and wanted to read before bed." She responded stoically.

"As such, even with energy, we have rules in place for this event for a reason. Please turn off your lights and find your bed." I stated calmly, trying to keep my eye from twitching since she was acting just a bit like a brat right now.

"I'll do that sir." She replied, turning off the lights with the door still open and looking at me.

I sighed, catching the sarcasm in her action. "I apologize if you found I have been dismissive of you outside of the classroom." I finally said.

Her eyes grew slightly and I noticed the hold on her book loosen. She seemed to stop for a moment from responding. "Are you apologizing because you've been dismissive, or because I think you have been?" she responded, one eyebrow raised.

Brat.

"I apologize for being dismissive Ms. (l/n)" I stated. This time I know my eye twitched.

She smirked, seeming pleased knowing I didn't want to broach this subject. "If you are sorry sir, I forgive you, however, I find myself still confused as to the why." She stated.

I was tired of having this conversation in the hallway and kept waiting for another student to come out and I just didn't need that right now.

"I've suddenly decided that if you want to know why you'll place top 5 tomorrow," I replied, a small smirk of my own to get out of this conversation. She looked at me then, smirk gone and what looked like a twinkle in her eye.

"Then I'll be popping in tomorrow, goodnight sir." She said, closing the door.

Did I seriously just set myself up?